GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid I know and lazy...
Any offers on what they should be front and rear for 33 GTR on standard rims?
Am at abbey on sat am. Anyone else there with card??

Nick

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Nick,

Tyre pressure depends on the car, the wheels and (to a much lesser extebnt) the tyres. As you're running standard rims I suggest you look in the car. Open the driver's door and you should se a large sticker on the rear quarter.

John

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nick Just Remember this it is in KG/CM2

I Have done some Conversions for you and this would make With Tyres Cold on R33 17/245 Tyres Pressure will need to 32.71369 lbf/in2 (PSI) All Around or 2.25529 BAR if you Like the French Scale

There is another way to see if you tyres are at the right Pressure, this is very good for track days!! you get a Piece of Chalk and Mark an Upside down V on the upper edge of the tyres so the point of the V is just touching the tread, it is best to do this on the top and the bottom of the tyre.

Then run the Car doing some good Cornering, Then Check the Chalk marks if they and rubbed off tyres need a few more psi in them.

IF chalk mark is untouched tyres need letting down a little.

you are looking to just rub off the point of the upside down V

Hope this Helps

Regards

Bruce

Regards

Bruce

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Tyre Pressure

I've got one of these in my F**d Scorpio Barge, they are great and work very well. I recon it'll pay for itself in reduced tyre wear inside of 12 months...

..... and it's another gadget, with buttons, flashing lights, bleeps and a backlit display - What more could you want?

On the tyre pressure front, Yokohama Motorsports Division reccomended 32psi (as above) for track work on their A032's (road going intermediates), for an R32 running 255/35-17's. As the standard is 32psi, I recon that 32psi is a pretty good pressure whatever you're up to.

DC

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Scott
I take it that every thing is OK with your tire press machine.
When you first put it on you said you were going to let us know what is was like:D
Is it still fitted and working or have the batterys run out :p
Best regards Alan

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
A ok!!

Alan,

Yep, I did say I'd let you all know, but was only reminded by Nick's note.

By the was Nick, are you happy with the Hyper Muffler. Does it sound as
as I said it would saturday at Abbey? ;) ;)

Anyway, the tyre pressure monitor is a really good buy, especially at 100 quid.
Just in the process of aquiring another drivers sun visor to butcher, so I'll have
Head-Up-Display tyre pressures soon.:D :D

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hyper muffler..

Well what can I say mate. You were right about the noise. Sends a tingle down the spine.
You get to 5.5k and all hell brakes loose.
Spent the whole weekend goign through tunnels.
Nick

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tunnels

No I was back to see the folks in Kent. Went through the medway tunnel (wicked).
Also had to go to Essex so through the dartford tunnel.
Sadly no tunnels in Reading. Only small railway bridges to time it right.
Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts