GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a r32 gtr with 18/10 wheels fitted what size tyre would you fit to the wheels and what make does everybody prefer and best place to buy cheers

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
i have a r32 gtr with 18/10 wheels fitted what size tyre would you fit to the wheels and what make does everybody prefer and best place to buy cheers
This exact question has just been discussed at length, except perhaps the make bit.

265/35R18

·
Registered
37 Posts
would not put them on as the ride is to harsh, stick with 17s. the volk 18" and lower profile rubber on mine dont cut it on crap british roads.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
would not put them on as the ride is to harsh, stick with 17s. the volk 18" and lower profile rubber on mine dont cut it on crap british roads.
Mine came with 17s and they were worse than the 18s. I suspect there is variance due to tyres etc.

I'd agree that given the choice 17s would be a better bet than 18s but that wouldn't put me off 18s.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Someday I might give 18" a whirl, but I already have far more handling for the roads than I would need with 255/40R17. It's pretty jarring but that has as much to do with my Ohlins as anything else. Actually, come to think of it, tire makes a difference. I used a set of Advans Neovas, the ride was a bit smoother but they wore out extremely fast. I have Kumho Ecsta SPTs now, and although they spin more going on launches (meaning they grip less and hence make the car a touch slower on take-off), the car feels more stable in hard cornering (even if max lateral Gs might be a touch less, I have a lot more feel and confidence). But best of all, they LAST. I bought my tires three years ago, rotated them last year, and I've only used about 2/3rds of the tread.

Oh, and they are worlds better in bad weather - rain/sleet/snow. They're no Blizzaks mind you, but certainly not greasy like the Yokohamas were in the rain.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive got 255/40/17 at the minute and want to move up size as any body tried avon zz3 what do you think of them as can get them reasonably priced cheers

·
Registered
643 Posts

I always use Camskill :: for my road/track tyres never let me down fast delivery and excellent service.

Just brought a set of Toyo R888 265-35/R18 for a 32GTR, ordered 1.30 Wednesday got them the next day:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts