GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I' after some new shooz for my R34 as the ones I've have on there at the moment will be a sick bird of prey soon. A short trip to France at the weekend didn't help ;)

I'm not looking for something hugly sticky at the moment but rather a good all rounder. If anybody has any recomendations then please let me know.

Thanks,
Howsie

·
Registered
404 Posts
Tires

Howsie,

If you just want sticky then it’s gota be Yokohama AVS+’s then :rolleyes: , or if you want VFM Falken FK451’s.

Paul.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The _stickiest_ street tyres...

I've been wondering, WHICH tyres are the #1 choice for combined street & track duty?

Lately I've had fairly mediocre Yokohama A520:s (an emergency purchase, the only ones local dealer had 2 hours before I _had_ to be on track ;-) as well as Bridgestone RE71:s, both of which are pretty far from impressive as far as traction is concerned.

Now, I have a couple of sets of racing slicks for SERIOUS track duty, but swapping them on the only set of wheels I have is a real pain in the a$$ and usually I drive the car as-is.

I'd rather not go for all-out R-compounds (Yokohama A008R, BFG R1 etc.) as most of my driving is just commuting, but the keyword is still traction.

Treadwear and price aren't that important as long as the tires stick like glue. Any ideas?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Boots

Without wanting to get into the S02 vs s03 debate I am currently running on a set of Bridgestone s03, prevoiusly had a couple of sets of s02s. The new boots are outstanding for everyday use wet/dry/mad/hungover they seem great. I am not sure if i am using the extra grip more but i have a feeling I might be getting through them a little more quickly... well worth trying,
Rgds,
Max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts