GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm going to be needing new tyres in the not too distant future, currently on standard sized Bridgestones, any recommendations on make, type, widths etc that people are running?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I am using pirelli p zeros atm in standard size.
I have some pilot sports to go on next but I am concerned with how soft the side wall feels. The p zero is softer than the run flat side wall but loads firmer than the pilot sports.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just removed Bridgestones for MPSS, massive change and no tramlining down road. Wet grip is so much better. Camskills were the cheapest I found after searching web around £1100

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
MPSS
275/35/20
102Y
£236

MPSS
305/30/20
103Y
£260

They're the best prices I've found online, including delivery but not fitting. Works out as £992 for 4 tyres.

MPSS
285/35/20
104Y
£250

Or you can go for the square setup for £1000 unfitted.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Just for an alternative opinion, I've had original Dunlop runflats, then MPSS, now Bridgestone runflats.

The MPSS are ok, but I found the ride too soft, a slight loss of steering precision, and a slight bounciness/floating feeling at very high speed. On the plus side they lasted 14k miles compared to the Dunlops which lasted 8k.

Have just fitted RE070's and am happy again with the harsher ride. Won't be having MPSS again, glad I tried them, but too soft for me.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Hi,

Not had my R35 very long and I have the runflats on

RE070R bridgestone potenza 255 40 ZRF20 97Y front
bridgestone potenza 285/35 ZRF20 (100Y) rears

TBH in the dry they are good, in the wet cold and warm, I find them quite slippy and they tram-line badly...

What tyres do people recommend for good wet grip, and less tram-lining as well?

thanks and Merry Christmas!

Chron

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hi,

TBH in the dry they are good, in the wet cold and warm, I find them quite slippy and they tram-line badly...

Chron[/QUOTE

Exactly same position as me just fitted mpss after losing confidence with bridge stones. Feels like a new car and wet grip is amazing in comparison. Now enjoying my car again

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Hi,

Chron[/QUOTE

Exactly same position as me just fitted mpss after losing confidence with bridge stones. Feels like a new car and wet grip is amazing in comparison. Now enjoying my car again
Where did you get the mpss from? and what sizes?

thanks for the advice :thumbsup: I was starting to think it was me, but after trying the car warm/cold in the wet, it was still slipping/sliding on some round abouts, when not even pushing the car hard.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Where did you get the mpss from? and what sizes?

thanks for the advice :thumbsup: I was starting to think it was me, but after trying the car warm/cold in the wet, it was still slipping/sliding on some round abouts, when not even pushing the car hard.
Go for the "square" set up, ie all four tyres at 285 size. I bought mine from f1 Autocentre online. You pay for them and then choose where you would like them fitted and they deliver the tyres to the branch so you don't have the hassle of dealing with a courier and then trying to get the tyres to a fitting workshop. Price has gone up slightly, they are now £1200 a set fitted with very little aggravation.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Funny how opinions can differ so much, I found the MPSS no better in the wet than the Bridgestones, possibly some people may forget that they're comparing their old worn run flats with new MPSS? I found the MPSS when down to 2.5mm tread were absolutely awful, but that's true of most tyres.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
hmmm square setup 285 35 or 275/305.. choices choices.... hard to know which to choose.

thanks folks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts