GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard R33 GTR what tyres do people recommend? I'm looking at the best compromise between price, tyre life and performance.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
F1's

It's hard to beat Goodyear F1's for all round ability (good wet/dry compromise) and they don't cost a fortune either. Some other tyres have better dry handling and some better wet but I personally think they have got the balance perfect for road driving in UK weather.

see http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/goodyeartest

Brian

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah the eagle F1's have got my vote, pricey bought top dog performance...the bridgestone potenzas are another good tyre

·
Super Moderator
31,247 Posts
i just ordered some eagle F1's for mine

I had hoped to get the Toyo's from Richard bell, but my woman insisted i save some money and buy the cheaper ones from Mytyres.

i don't think they will actually come, in which case i found lisa at Rising sun (richard bell) very helpful, and not too pricey either

mike

·
Registered
743 Posts
All my previous cars had FALKEN tyres but not too sure for the SKYLINE application yet as I currently have YOKOHAMAS which the car came with.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Got F1's here to, not really had any problems with them, also got them on the front of dads gtst and got a pair going on mums GTO TT.
Got the last pair from mytyres.co.uk, cheap and delivered almost a week before they were supposed to.

Alex B

·
Registered
444 Posts
Toyo T1S or the newer T1R's for me. Cheaper than the Goodyears, yet some consider them more durable. They have good levels of grip & tyre life as well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
have to say im a tyre fitter and nothing else for me but the goodyear f1 they just redesigned it to (f1 gsd3 ) so they last a bit longer too . This link might be some help to you there are other tyre tests on the left hand side of the link just so you can compare . Hope it helps
http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/goodyeartest

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'we got the Nismo LM GT rims - not soure how wide they are. I read somewhere that they came in both 9.5 and 10.5 inch. I would expect mine to be 9.5 if this is the case. Previous owner had 255/35s fitted - they where well stretched by my measures (almost drift style). :rolleyes:

I'll probably go for the F1's GSD3, but I'm also considering the Conti SportContact 2 - they look awsome and are worshipped by those few I have seen using them. Anyone tried them on a Skyline?

·
Registered
160 Posts
NOR33-GTR said:
I'we got the Nismo LM GT rims - not soure how wide they are. I read somewhere that they came in both 9.5 and 10.5 inch. I would expect mine to be 9.5 if this is the case. Previous owner had 255/35s fitted - they where well stretched by my measures (almost drift style). :rolleyes:

I'll probably go for the F1's GSD3, but I'm also considering the Conti SportContact 2 - they look awsome and are worshipped by those few I have seen using them. Anyone tried them on a Skyline?
Im thinking of buying NISMO LM GT MAG to my car, they any come in 10"-18" and they recomend 275/35-18" tires for them. I have a Set of 18" BBS LM gold senter today :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts