GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok one of my tyre valves broke recently ,dunno how it happened .

its just the top where dust cap screws on,but the valve pin is sticking out hence why i need a new one lol

anyway ....guess how much they are each :eek::eek:

·
Registered
690 Posts
ok one of my tyre valves broke recently ,dunno how it happened .

its just the top where dust cap screws on,but the valve pin is sticking out hence why i need a new one lol

anyway ....guess how much they are each :eek::eek:
I'm amazed they sell them on an each basis........but given that they do I'm sure its a joker! A fiver!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm amazed they sell them on an each basis........but given that they do I'm sure its a joker! A fiver!
haha if only they were a fiver:chuckle:

quite a bit more than a fiver though:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
690 Posts
I must confess I haven't seen one up close but i'm assuming they are not works of art or titanium made??! It's total madness. E bay copies?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must confess I haven't seen one up close but i'm assuming they are not works of art or titanium made??! It's total madness. E bay copies?
not looked on fleabay,even though they cost a fortune i would on put eo parts on anyway.its where nissan are making their money on the GTR :mad:

·
Registered
690 Posts
not looked on fleabay,even though they cost a fortune i would on put eo parts on anyway.its where nissan are making their money on the GTR :mad:
I thought they were just cosmetic. Crikey! Better not let it get out or no R35 will be safe on the street!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I thought they were just cosmetic. Crikey! Better not let it get out or no R35 will be safe on the street!
Well if it's anything like the Corvette system, the actual sensor is inside the wheel, but the valve stem is an integral part of it and acts as the RF aerial to broadcast the reading to the car.

It's not nickable from the outside!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well if it's anything like the Corvette system, the actual sensor is inside the wheel, but the valve stem is an integral part of it and acts as the RF aerial to broadcast the reading to the car.

It's not nickable from the outside!

Yeah thats what its like i saw it with tyre off

·
Registered
535 Posts
Phew :runaway::runaway: Panic over :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Talking or tyres and valve's and sensors, does anyone have a "slow" to read sensor ?? My off side rear does not "warm" up as quick as the other 3 and gives me the run flat warning light but after some "spirited" driving comes up on the MFD and all is ok with the world (and me and my car!!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
valves

... same issue happened to me as Wheely ... front passenger valve snapped off as end of it had fused with the dust cap ... whilst the dust caps are very smart they're not fit for purpose and at £170 plus the vat per valve maybe people should think about replacing the dust caps ... I've replaced mine now.

To make matters worse, I've had a problem with the drivers valve losing pressure since the day I picked the car up. Despite extensive discussions with Nissan Customer Care about this issue they've refused to acknowledge it or do anything to assist. The garage that fixed the broken valve have confirmed that there is a definitely a problem with the driver's valve. Hopefully Nissan CC will take matters more seriously now ... you never know !!! Otherwise that will be another £200 down the toilet ...

Only prob is that as I had to get the valve replaced by a local independent, they have not been able to sync in the new valve with the cars system so tyre is still showing as coming up as flat ... therefore I'm going to have to make another trip to Oxford to my nearest HPC to get it synced ...

Despite all this I still absolutely love the car ... magnificent ...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had same problem with both front tyres losing pressure (3 psi per week). HPC replaced both valve stems no quibble at all - problem solved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts