GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2011 since the 6th of July, where 3 days prior to collection it had been serviced by a HPC including full wheel slignment etc. The tyres (apparently) were pretty new at that point.

2 months and ~4000 miles later (mostly motorway no track work) and I took it to have a y-pipe fitted and while it was up on the ramps I noticed that both front tyres are worn down to the wires on the inside edge.

The supplying dealer admits that this is unusal wear but won't offer any contribution to replacements.

So I guess the question is that is this level of wear that unusual?

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
to compare, i've had mpss on for 7 months from new, done over 7k miles and the wear is even... to replace bridgestones, I had no wheel alignment done.. straight swap.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It very much may depend on what their definition of "pretty new" is. If it's 5000 miles, then that will be 9k miles in total and those first 5k may have been hard driving on an aggressive fast road / track geo set-up ...

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at the docs I got with the car it seems they had a couple of thousand miles on them, so they have some up a little short but not excessively so. Still certainly better than the 2500 miles I got out of a set on my r33 at 450 bhp!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts