1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just noticed my front tyres are wearing very badly on the
inside edge (20mm). I know the negative wheel camber will
cause slightly uneven wear but it seems excessive.
The car has been tracked so it's not that.
I am using Continental tyres 265/35/18. This has happened
in approx. 3000 miles.
Any suggestions or is this just normal. Any suggestions would
be helpfull.

Cheers Tom. :smokin:

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Tires do tend to wear on the inside due to camber but if you are experiencing unusual wear the only thing to do is chek alignment.
How often do you rotate them??

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tyre wear

Hi DCD

I have not rotated them since fitting.
How often should I be changing them.

Cheers Tom:smokin:

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I rotate every 5000-7000km depending on wear. Should be doing better with the new Yokohamas as the compund is slightly harder than the BSs...

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
tyre wear

i found that my tyre wear on my car was very good 5000 miles and they were lasting well. went down to knockhill for a track day
40 laps later and the tyres are fffff-ucked.
spare wheels with slicks needed for next time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
3000 miles does seam over the top!

Hi Slippery

I also have a R33 Vspec which I have not had for long!

The chap who had my car before me did about 16K + on his tyers and he let me have a couple of them as runners (just in case you get a punture you can put one on till you can get to the Cheep tyer shop) and they still would get an MOT!

I think you need to get the camber Checked

Just as a thought what wheels do you have? are they standared?

If they are do you have Spacers fitted? This is something people do on Skyline's to get the wheels to fill the arces!

The problem with this is it will move the Centre point of the of set (Sorry this can get a little hard to get over in words need lots of markes and white board) well as they came from the factory you have a caster point and that should end up at the middle of your tyer so by putting in spacers this point will move to wards the in side edge thus incresing tyer ware this would also apply to Wheels with the wrong of set for the car!

if none of the above

find a frendly tyer fitter (pay cash) and get him to turne the tyres around on the rims thus letting you uses the tyers on the other side of the car and this way you should get a few more miles!

the cheepest tyer place I know is on the M3/A303 just out side Basingstoke, Mitcheldever tyers Tel 01962 774437

hope this helps and we will see a lot less :smokin: tyers!!

Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts