GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys changed the make of tyres on your GTR and noticed an improvement in ride comfort? I am using 225/35/18 Michelin with standard V-spec suspension and I find the ride quality can be harsh at times on some of how pitted road surfaces, although I admit my front tyres are getting low on rubber.
Any suggestions for a nice 'soft' riding tyre using the above wheel size?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have just switched to Toyo T1-R's, (not T1-S's)

235 x 40 x 18 fronts and 255 x 40 x 18 rears, 35psi

Awesome, vastly improved ride and handling plus much quieter and more forgiving ride than any previous tyre tried.

aitch

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Aitch. How much did they cost and where did you buy them? Also, what tyres were you using before you changed?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Previous tyres were BF Goodrich Profiler G's, hard wearing and fab in the wet, but not quiet enough..and in the 50 profiles we had on the 16" wheels, too much flex in the walls.

Prior to that Goodyear F1's, great handling but again too noisy on some surfaces and poor wear, so we did not try them on the new 18" wheels.

Before that when we got the car it had Yoko's on, again too noisy and too much wall flex, though wear and grip both appeared OK in the short time they were on.

However most of my reasoning for going the TOYO T1-R route was based on two simple things..

Online reviews, this one for example: Private vehicles - sommer tyres Toyo - PROXES T1-R

..and for comparison the same sites review of the F1: Private vehicles - sommer tyres Goodyear - EAGLE F1

(please note the lower scoring figures are best)

..and the fact a friend had put them on his RX7 and I was very very impressed with them.

Cost wise at £113.75 each they were about 8 pounds more expensive than F1's per corner, from mytyres.

Aitch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts