GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ride quality on the R33 GTR is quite harsh on our poor roads, particularly with V spec suspension and 225/35/18 wheels. Have any of you tried changing the make of tyre used and as a result have noticed an improvement in the ride quality? If so what tyre gives the softest ride - tyre lifetime is not a major problem for me.

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Huh, you wanna try 285 x 35's on 19 x 10's !!!! Hence change suspension (still have standard GT-R V Spec suspension for sale!) to TEIN Flex Expensive but worth it as car gets used for Track work.
On the other side of things, I had no trouble with the standard 17" (which I still use for track work with road legal "slick" tyres) with 255 x 40's on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will HKS coilovers really soften the ride compared with V-spec? If so what is the cost and can you give me any more details?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is Tein Flex suspension really softer than V-spec? People at Tein don't seem to think so.
Can you give me some further details; I am only interested in a road spec.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Depends how you set it - The EDFC (If you opt for it) is quite quick and you can notice the difference between 0 and setting 32.

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Is Tein Flex suspension really softer than V-spec? People at Tein don't seem to think so.
Can you give me some further details; I am only interested in a road spec.
I don't think you'll see much change with different tyres but the lower the profile, the harsher the ride in general.

I think Faz was just saying that there are harder suspensions than the V-spec. For what it's worth, you will get used to the suspension after a while and it will become your friend.:)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The ride quality on the R33 GTR is quite harsh on our poor roads, particularly with V spec suspension and 225/35/18 wheels. Have any of you tried changing the make of tyre used and as a result have noticed an improvement in the ride quality? If so what tyre gives the softest ride - tyre lifetime is not a major problem for me.
I'm guessing you mistyped the tyre size?

I've got 255.35.18 with Zeal fixed damping suspension and I don't find it too uncomfortable, though it's down to what you consider too harsh?

Tein Flex coilovers are really good, set them to zero preload and on the softest setting and they're great, (or atleast they are on a mates Chaser, haven't got any for mine yet).

Alex B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts