GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm off over to the ring in October for a blast in me gtr is there any where you can get tyres if needed.
Cheers shed

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I've used tyretrade before, they're just behind the petrol station that's closet to the track (alongside the main straight), they opened up on a Sunday and fitted a set of 4 after I'd finished lapping and saved me over £200.
There's loads of places, most will speak English and worth emailing lots for quotes. Much cheaper than uk :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Was there on Wednesday and got a quote for a set of 888's for the R35 from matechsports across from the Capricorn centre £1000......they cost £1280 on GTROC...why do we pay so much for some things in this country....

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Was there on Wednesday and got a quote for a set of 888's for the R35 from matechsports across from the Capricorn centre £1000......they cost £1280 on GTROC...why do we pay so much for some things in this country....
Hazarding a guess it would stem from this:

Toyo Tires has been present in Europe for over thirty years and in 2005 established the company Toyo Tire Europe GmbH. The location of the business is in Neuss (Nord Rhine-Westphalia), Germany. From here, all business activities for Europe are managed
I would say the tyres are cheaper in Germany as they probably ship from there so places like the UK have all the additional stockage / freight charges.

I get my Michelin tyres from France for the same reason as the factories up North don't exist now and it all comes from there.

·
Registered
452 Posts
We going on 3rd Oct to 6th if anyone interested in coming along more the merrier. see you at the ferry Shed baby ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the info guys car should be stage 4 for trip as well
We will have to hook up, where abouts you staying ?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Should get together you'll spot me and few friends we are buying a 328i E36 BMW for £400 to drive over and hammer around a few laps each.

It'll stand out because we plan to make it pretty awful at the moment a giant hazard tape scheme seems to be winning the votes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts