GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
I am new to this forum
i have a june 2011 gt*r with run flats, i need to replace the rear tyres and was wondering what is best
i am open to non run flat, will car be okay with front on run flats and rears on non run flats
do i need to stick with bridgestones or can use other branded make

FRONT TYRE255/40ZRF/20Bridgestone Potenza RE070R
REAR TYRE285/35ZRF/20Bridgestone Potenza RE070R

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
Do not mix runflats and non run flats!

Most owners are now fitting the Michelin S4S tyre which is a non runflat, the preferred size is 265/35 Fronts and 305/30 Rears.

·
R35 Section manager
10,836 Posts
Do not mix runflats and non run flats!

Most owners are now fitting the Michelin S4S tyre which is a non runflat, the preferred size is 265/35 Fronts and 305/30 Rears.

Totally agree but did you see the thread a short while back where one owner had mixed runflats with standard tyres? I dont think he had driven it hard just road use.

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
Last year one of the Supercar Experience Day companies I work for accidently mixed runflats and non runflats, the instructor working in the car took it out first thing in the morning to warm it up and after 3 laps asked me to drive it as he didn’t think it was safe, I did one lap and came in to check the tyre pressures and then noticed the mix of tyres, wheels were swapped and car felt much better.

·
R35 Section manager
10,836 Posts
Last year one of the Supercar Experience Day companies I work for accidently mixed runflats and non runflats, the instructor working in the car took it out first thing in the morning to warm it up and after 3 laps asked me to drive it as he didn’t think it was safe, I did one lap and came in to check the tyre pressures and then noticed the mix of tyres, wheels were swapped and car felt much better.
Yes I dont need convincing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi
as i only use the car on normal roads and normal speed driving and very low mileage user
i am not that worried about mixing rear non flat with front run flat (these will need replacing soon anyways)
so i will in the near future have all non run flats
question is as normal driving is there a difference that i will feel between the 2
i would also stick to the same size as fitted originally
regards

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
hi
as i only use the car on normal roads and normal speed driving and very low mileage use
then sell up and buy a Ford Fiesta! ?;)?

·
R35 Section manager
10,836 Posts
hi
as i only use the car on normal roads and normal speed driving and very low mileage user
i am not that worried about mixing rear non flat with front run flat (these will need replacing soon anyways)
so i will in the near future have all non run flats
question is as normal driving is there a difference that i will feel between the 2
i would also stick to the same size as fitted originally
regards

You could almost fit any type of tyre if you are not a fast driver. I still like the runflats but I know plenty who have moved over from them. Certainly for fast driving I preferred the runflats

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could almost fit any type of tyre if you are not a fast driver. I still like the runflats but I know plenty who have moved over from them. Certainly for fast driving I preferred the runflats
HI
Thanks for your revert
non run flats as they are cheaper also
which brand would you suggest
stick to bridgestone or other brand whould be no real difference
regards

·
R35 Section manager
10,836 Posts
HI
Thanks for your revert
non run flats as they are cheaper also
which brand would you suggest
stick to bridgestone or other brand whould be no real difference
regards
I like Bridgestones as they have a good tyre depth. I'm sure Dunlops only have 5mm on from new??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like Bridgestones as they have a good tyre depth. I'm sure Dunlops only have 5mm on from new??
hi
bridestones non runflat re050A is ok to fit
but re070 run on flat is only £15.00 more

1 - 12 of 12 Posts