Votes: 104 10.9%
  • Falkens

Votes: 146 15.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
You should have visited the grasshopper last time and went round and had a look.
Also could have done a secret survey of what seems popular, before arriving at your short list of 8.

I am now using Yokohama not on the list.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
brigestone

BRIDGESTONE SO3:smokin:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
BTW EVO magazine has just done a tyre test. These are the rankings. I was pretty surprised: -

1. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
2. ContiSportContact
3. Toyo Proxes T1-S
4. Pirelli P7000
5. Michelin Pilot Sport
6. Dunlop SP sport 9000
7. Bridgestone S-03
8. Avon ZZ3.

Now I was really surprised by the performance and ranking of the S-03. Last time all tyre tests were done the S-02 shone above all the rest

·
Registered
225 Posts
Khumo

Hi Tigger

Save yourself some money and don't buy those Khumo tyres.

I tried them and they were the worse tyres in the world.

I warned Rod Bell about them before he drove the car with them
on, he totally agreed

Cheers Tom.

:smokin: DANGER DANGER THEY ARE CRAP

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
Good evening. I have not voted as I drive a Soarer and tyres are car specific.

But I must relate something that may be of relevence to you;

During my ownership of my car I have had 2 front tyre Blow-outs, the first at 110mph (dry, straight road, accelerating) the second at 130mph (damp/wet, start of a curve, braking) each time my car remained stable and drama free and I was able without concern pull over and replace the wheel as the one on the rim had self immolated to save my life.

Each time the tyre has been a Goodyear F1, nothing wrong with the tyre, just bad luck on the road, I am certain that I am alive/undamaged as a result of the construction of this tyre, i have had a few blow-outs (I drive very fast, and maintain my car fanatically), the others have been at lower speeds and much more dramatic (including a Skyline rear blow-out at 100mph, we spun all ovr the damn place, but hit nothing and did no damage other than 1 rim dead) it was running SO-2's.

I am a Fellow of the Institute of Tyre Technology and I sit here puffing my cigar typing thanks to the guys at Goodyear.

The same carcass but with a more opposed top belt design is used in the Fulda Carat Extremo, you guys might find this better than the F1 as it likes 4WD due to the extremely corrective btop belt.

My 2 penn'orth. FWIW

1 - 20 of 341 Posts