Votes: 104 10.9%
  • Falkens

Votes: 146 15.4%

• Total voters
241 - 260 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just had the goodyear asymet out on track, I thought they got abit too hot too quickly, but could be my not so good driving.

However grip is pretty good and they give good feedback I thought.
I haven't tried lots of different tyres on this car so cant compare these to any of the hot favorites but should definetly be on peoples list when finding street tyres.

·
Registered
587 Posts
just bought my second set of S02's, 1st set lasted 30 months regular use, running 600 fbhp, this set cost £476 inc delivery. as far as performance goes they have never let me down ;) and only started tramming near to the end of their life:thumbsup:

·
Registered
991 Posts
I was in Mr Unique in Hoddesdon last weekend and they were fitting an S-O2 on a rim for someone, I said I thought you couldn't get them anymore and they just grinned and said how good they were to get one!

I heard the S-O2s were good, I had S-O3s on my Gtst and I was not impressed at all.

Goes to show, S-O2s are around if you know where to look.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
There's a couple of sites still selling S02s - are these worth the premium over T1Rs, and what do the letters at the end mean?

S-02 A BSW, BZ, N4

·
Registered
132 Posts
There's a couple of sites still selling S02s - are these worth the premium over T1Rs, and what do the letters at the end mean?

S-02 A BSW, BZ, N4
The tyre you mention is a Porsche Approved tyre. It is only available in certain size's. The original Bridgestone SO2 Pole Position is the one you should be intrested in. But they stopped production of these tyres about 4-5 years ago. So even if you do get hold of them they will be pretty tough! The SO3's are no way as good as the SO2's, and also remember even if you are able to source the SO2's what happens if you damage a tyre and can't get hold of another one?????? The Safest option would be to go for a tyre which is in current production.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
265/35/18's Pirelli P - Zero assimetrico's on a R33 GTR with 400 KW at the treads.... Awsome..... Lots of grip, Very quiet (same tyre as the 996 911 Turbo comes with as standard.) I WILL buy again.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Has anyone tried the Bridgestone Potenza RE050's? This seems to be the only high performance tyre advertised on their site.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Had yoko parada and found these really 'skittish' on the front end in the wet - have gone back to goodyear F1's and grip, and confidence, restored once again. - F1's for me!

·
Registered
934 Posts
The Goodyear F1 did do very well on the evo tyre test. I've tried them on my impreza and on my 740 BM and not been disappointed

·
Registered
271 Posts
Goodyear F1's Caution!!

Just about to replace all my tyres and going Goodyear F1's. The GTR is my daily commute and these should serve well.

But!! I have found reports that some F1's that are being sold are made in Thailand and don't carry the 'E' mark, thus invalidating your car insurance etc!!!

See link http://www.mx-5.com/Community/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PostID=20483

It appears this is only in some cases but better to be safe than sorry.

Still going get the F1's but a check on where they were made is in order me thinks.

·
Super Moderator
15,576 Posts
Riiight, atm am varying between Bridgestone RE050s and the asymmetric Goodyear Eagle F1s. (I don't rate Toyo T1s after finding them very poor on the rear of a 420bhp MR2!). Anyone any views on the two in comparison?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Riiight, atm am varying between Bridgestone RE050s and the asymmetric Goodyear Eagle F1s. (I don't rate Toyo T1s after finding them very poor on the rear of a 420bhp MR2!). Anyone any views on the two in comparison?
...never personally rated the RE0 range...the SO2 was an awesome tire and the best bridge' have ever made IMHO.

id go assimetricos all the way!! very very good performance tyre. :thumbsup:

241 - 260 of 341 Posts