• Falkens

Votes: 146 15.4%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Tyre wear

My S02's have been on for about 4,000k now and have worn quite well apart from the front tyres on the outer shoulders .:( .I will swap the left to right front tyres after Bedford to maybe get a little more mileage out the fronts .:)

Tyre wear on these softer compounds will depend much more upon ones driving style . Peter drives very smoothly (and slower than most of us :p) so I would expect his tyres to last longer . It sounds to me Sammy that you must be a liitle rougher on your tyres ,like me ! Do you suffer alot from understeer ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Understeer

hi paul - i didn't think that my driving style was especially hard and understeer has only been a problem on the one trackday, a moment or two before pretty major oversteer.. i suppose that what has surprised me is how quickly they have worn compared to the old Bridgstones on the back. If it was that track/drag day that alone obliterated my fronts, i'm curious as to why the rears survived it so well. I'll tap Mark's brain on saturday down at the Japs meeting,but will have to get my skates on soon after that, so any strong recommendations from 34 owners running on the stock wheels would be very welcome
cheers

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sharp to the bottom of the glass

Well spotted Mr P .:)

I heard the grass needs cutting . How can I resist ???????:D

Sammy .

It's my fronts that have been worn down but my rears are still in very good condition . Guess not too much oversteer action . Gonna have to see what I can do about that at Bedford .:D Why don't you try Falkens ? Shin and a couple of others have them on their cars and speak highly of them . The price makes them more attractive .

·
Registered
234 Posts
Falkens

cheers paul - i'll probably do that... attractive pricing will be a big selling point, especially since i'd be replacing all four tyres:eek:

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Which ones?

Are you talking about the Falkens 451's?Going to get some on Saturday at a cost of £118'ish.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Getting some Falkens 451 myself after a recomendation from Rod Bell.

about 80 quid a tyre... erm V rating standard R33 GTS wheelz - I think they were V havent got my paperwork with me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
tight squeeze..

i have had new fronts put on (Potenza RE040s, to match those on the back) and, unlike the S02s, on full lock they scrape against the wheel arch. I have spacers in which, as i say, didn't cause a problem before. Any ideas as to preventing this (apart from removing the spacers:) )?
Thanks
sammy

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Re: Bridgestones

sammy said:
Would love to carry on with SO3s but at that rate of wear it just isn't going to happen.
Hi Ian,

I thought you has SO3s on? Did you mean change to SO3s rather than carry on with SO3s? I couldn't understand how you could wreck a set of SO3s so quickly....

Are you saying that you had different tyres front and back?

Peter.

·
Registered
234 Posts
all confused

my mistake peter. The position was this -
1 had RE040s all round but the fronts needed changing
2 put S03s on the front, with a view to putting them on the back too, once they were worn out
3 as it happened the S03s just disintegrated within a couple of thousand miles, so i went back to RE040s on the basis that whilst they may tug around a bit (they definitely do), at least they last. I couldn't afford to risk S03s again just in case it wasn't a poor set and more a case of my strange driving style just not agreeing with them. The tyres are being checked and it may be that they were defective in some way.
sammy

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Ian,

Don't whether having different compound/pattern tyres on either axle could lead to differing wear rates with it confusing the Attessa or not. I guess the testing may prove this.

Good luck.

Peter.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Deffo Yokohama AVS Sports for road, and I've a rare set of Yokohama AO38's for special occasions,

~DC

·
Registered
150 Posts
Proxes

I got a new set of Toyo Proxes T1-S about 2 weeks ago from Demon Tweeks for £130 a corner. They're bloody excellent... Thanks to all of you that recommeded them to me :)

Paul

·
Registered
758 Posts
Tyre Sizes

As the recommended 245/45/17 tyre size for the standard R33 9" wheel is not too common amongst tyre manufacturers, has anyone tried/ or can recommend, other widths/sizes that can be safely used?
Others on this tread have used Toyo and Falken to name but two, but I can't see 245/45/17 in their range.

Many thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bridgestone S03 self destruction

Sammy

In what way did you B/stones disintegrate. I was just wondering if yours has gone the same way as mine. Just removed the wheels to give them a bit of scrub up and this is what i found. The Bridgestone engineer is inspecting them tomorrow will let you know on the outcome. Not the first case im told.

As for the wear factor 5k miles and me rears are done, maybe a little heavey footed in my GTS but expected a few more miles from them.

Itchy

Attachments

41 - 60 of 341 Posts