Votes: 104 10.9%
  • Falkens

Votes: 146 15.4%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Same here, NanKangs 235 all round at the mo. Haven't had a problem with them so far, although I don't drive that hard.

·
Registered
227 Posts
mattb said:
Same here, NanKangs 235 all round at the mo. Haven't had a problem with them so far, although I don't drive that hard.
same here, good grip, not a bad tread. the only thing is they dont last as long as good year. but then they are half the price.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I've had F1's on mine since last June, and have done around 15k miles I think, never had a problem and would use them again without a second thought, but I have a set of Toyo T1-R sat outside the office waiting to be fitted as I got them at a good price, they look ok and feel like they're gonna be quite soft, I'll let you knwo how they go when fitted!

Alex B

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
liquidculture said:
Ive never tried F1's but they do get good comments

They really are as good as people say, and well worth the money, I've done around 15k on the same set, (I'll check tomorrow but I think its about that), driven quite hard and they are still legal, the fronts are just starting to camber out and the backs are evenly worn, with about 1mm till the wear bars, I'll definately be using them again if I can't get such a good deal on Toyos, I just can't afford £500 at the moment for a new set of F1's :(

Alex B

·
Registered
710 Posts
I originally bought SO3's to replace worn-out SO2's. Boy was that a mistake! They lasted no time at all and let go in the wet on the road when tread was still at least 3mm all across :eek: (I measured them while my trousers were in the washing machine ;) ). Tram-lining was worse than usual.

I've still got a full set of Khumo's at the mo........these are 'inexpensive' but do very well in the wet. Still plenty of tread after 12K. Not suitable for throwing around on the track, but they do at least give you plenty of warning before letting go.

Haven't tried any other road tyres but Falkens do seem popular along with F1's.

Ken

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bridgestone's

Seen the option for Bridgestones on the poll, which ones ?
I know from experience that S02 were fantastic grip, but lasted as long as a ice cream on a hot day, S03 are crap in the wet. Got RE01 at the mo that will need replacing soon, they seem very good, but the came with the car, so Im not sure F1's would give more grip in the wet ?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Gidders said:
Seen the option for Bridgestones on the poll, which ones ?
I know from experience that S02 were fantastic grip, but lasted as long as a ice cream on a hot day, S03 are crap in the wet. Got RE01 at the mo that will need replacing soon, they seem very good, but the came with the car, so Im not sure F1's would give more grip in the wet ?
I've just moved from Bridgestones to Toyo T1-R's . . . so far so good. Supposed to be awesome in the wet too

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a set of Enkai 17x10J rims on my 33GTR. I have Toyo's 255x45x17 on them, the inside of the rear tyres have eaten away.
I have checked the camber, informed that the car suspension is setup to ride like this.
Dont know if this is true but it certinly handles better than a Tein/HKS setup.
Is there a kit you can get to adjust the camber on this setup?
I have been told to get wider tyres. 275/40/27 or 285/40/17??

Who do you all think?

Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Rskyline said:
Dont know if this is true but it certinly handles better than a Tein/HKS setup.
Is there a kit you can get to adjust the camber on this setup?
This happens when the car is lowered. I got the whiteline camber bushes to sort mine out and then took to Abbey to have the suspension setting sorted. The car was a different animal afterwards and I'd highly reccomend both.

I belive Abbey can supply these kits now....

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I dont know much about it but 'caster' (if I spelt it correctly) can be adjusted, using bushes I think, along with the camber and that can minimise the uneven trye wear without spoiling the handling.

·
Registered
253 Posts
F1's on my last car, couldn't fault them in any way. Pretty hard wearing too for a performance tyre.

Definately buy them again when the time comes, probably sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
In the process of buying some tyres guys......anyone used Dunlop SP9000's??

Going for 275-30-19........wheres the cheapest place to buy???

121 - 140 of 341 Posts