• Falkens

Votes: 146 15.4%

• Total voters
161 - 180 of 341 Posts

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
I'v just put Hankook sports on.
After about 400 miles running them in,they stick to the ground like glue!
255/40/17 £70-They are a steal.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
BFG KDW2

@ first i really wanted these because they looked so aggressive, but then after reading all the reviews, i just had to have them. I have put a lot of miles on them and they holding up great!! I get great wet traction and dry traction - for street tires. Road noise is good, there are louder ones out there but then there are some that are also a lot quiter than these. I have used these for drag and had no complaints. Again, these are street tires, but for the price I cannot complain. Paid almost 900 USD incl. s/h. I also have a set of AO48's i am dying to use on the circuit, but there will be no comparison between the two.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Rskyline said:
Anyone used the FALKEN ZE 512 NO-E DOT 04 ?

What are they like...

Feedback if any please.

Rich
These are the cheaper end of the range for falken. I'd go for the 451's

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Juanin said:
Hello in my opinion the best street tires are: The Bridgestone pontenza RE-01R and The Yokohama Advan Neova AD07. For Track days I use the Yokohama Advan A048 tyres but these tyres never be use on wet.
I had the Yokos before but the Goodyear F1's are a better all round weather tyre IMHO.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
flashgordon said:
Goodyear F1 GSD3 for me, on my third set now, they may wear quick for some folk but if they didn't they wouldn't grip either!

Went from F1's to T1R's on an EVO 5 ...... instanty shite (technical term), felt like the roads were covered in gravel, even after 100's of miles no better.

2nd set of F1's seemed to take about 50 miles of abuse to regain the grip of the first set but the 3rd set gripped perfectly from the start??

F1's are one of the few tyres you can put on any car and notice an improvement, you can't really tell with most other tyres.
Agreed and I have tried most tyres over the years but the F1s were an instant surprise especially by how much better than Yoko ADs they were in the wet.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
anyone using or used falcon fk452's? any feedback would be appreciated!

whats the difference between the 451's and 452's???

will be buying new rubber in the next few days and after something cheap, hardish compound, and reasonably good!

i can get the 452's for £76 per corner delivered!!

or the 451's at £75 each corner!

i drive a 33GTR on 245-40-17

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i have 452's on my 33gtr afaik they are the new 451's basically.

i havent had time to give them stick apart from a trackday at donington and they were really good and grippy.

even with the recent rain i havent had any problems with them

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi

I have 265/35/18 Yokohama AVS ES100 fitted, they came with the car and have been on for about a year now. Getting low on tread now. I will be fitting new tyres in the next couple of months. I do quite a few track days.

I was thinking of fitting these road legal Dunlop Formula R D01J

Has anyone used these on the road?

The DUNLOP FORMULA-R tyres have won every major tarmac event in Australia including:

BATHURST 12HR
EASTERN CREEK 12HR
TARGA TASMANIA
THREE PEAKS RALLY
DUTTONS GP RALLY
INDY GP RALLY
LACTOS RALLY
LA BORDEAUX RALLY
BALLARAT WINTER CLASSIC
PLUS OVERSEAS EVENTS INCLUDING THE PANAMA ALASKA RALLY.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
And The Winner Is................

Hankook Ventus K104/K105

Around £80 a corner :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And have been compared and tested against all the over priced tyres everyone likes...michelin,b'stone,yoko's,toyo etc

Not one of the elite list came out better for an all year round tyre :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

I'm running 255/40/17 on a R32 GTR

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
ROB_GTR said:
anyone using or used falcon fk452's? any feedback would be appreciated!

whats the difference between the 451's and 452's???

will be buying new rubber in the next few days and after something cheap, hardish compound, and reasonably good!

i can get the 452's for £76 per corner delivered!!

or the 451's at £75 each corner!

i drive a 33GTR on 245-40-17

I've recently switched to 452's from 451's and to be honest the 451's were a better tyre IMHO, i've noticed a LOT more tyre squeal and the back breaks away a lot more.
Don't like them.

Charlie.

·
Registered
227 Posts
A pity they didn't use current tyre models, the Toyo used for example is years old, the new T1-R is light years better than the T1-S used, which of course is why they used the old one. The new T1-R eats the rest, it's so much better than the old one it's not in the same category. 5 of us in the family have just gradually changed to the T1-R's over the last couple of months, awesome.

I note they used the latest F1 though..no bias there then!!

Aitch

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
And The Winner Is................

Hankook Ventus K104/K105

Around £80 a corner :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And have been compared and tested against all the over priced tyres everyone likes...michelin,b'stone,yoko's,toyo etc

Not one of the elite list came out better for an all year round tyre :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

I'm running 255/40/17 on a R32 GTR

Iv got the same on mine-they are fantastic! Took about 800 miles to bed in,but they now grip like nothing else. These tyres are well understated,like Toyos were around 3 years ago.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've had fulda (I shouldn't really admit to that)
Bridgstone so3, not much better
uniroyal, good grip bad roll
dunlop sport, good
goodyear f1, great, why change.
you can spend a lot of money and buy rubbish, there are no road tests, you can't try them on, almost everyone says the goodyears are good and they are so why waste money.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You can read really good reviews on tires at The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels simply search a brand and size and read private reviews. Many people will write about how they use the tire and what they had previously.

If you already know about this, sorry just wanted to bring it to your attention.

For the record I have BF Goodrich KDW 255-40-18 on mine I've yet to drive them on the GTR but have in other cars and feel they give a good road reading with out being overly noisy.

In the past I've used:
Pirelli P-Zero Rosso and Nero both of which I love, however they tend to wear fast and be unforgiving with pot holes.

The Yokohama product has been my favorite for years now, I only have the BFG's because they where highly recommended and on sale when I got them.

Tires really have a lot to do with the suspension set up and rim though so one mans opinion is never really 100% unless you do back to back testing between set tires.

Just my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
720 Posts
can anyone help? I am looking for either:

yokohama advan AO-48R, toyo888 or Dunlop do1-J, cant find them on mytyres.co.uk, anyone know where to buy a set of these [x2tyres] at the best price. the size i need is 245/45 ZR17

will they run ok on a GTR having two of the tyres above [on the rear], with my current two bridgestone potenza on the front?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The Yokohama tyres are £225 for two 235/45/17, delievered overnight if ordered through the GTROC :)

Just as an aside, the man who was the main designer of the R34, reckons the Falkens are the worst tyres for a Skyline.

161 - 180 of 341 Posts