GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I need to know which one is better to go for the GTRs. Is 245/40/18 better or 265/35/18 ?

Thanks.

Haz

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Haz,

Depends on what width you want. f you have them too wide they may rub on the inner arches.

Changing the profile will change the speedo reading relative to road spped, as it will change the outer-circumference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your help. I will be getting my GTR34 in a weeks time :D I am just shopping around for a brand new tyres.

Haz

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
they are not too bad mate.

I put some BF goodrich profilers on (made by micheilin and i had a kaput tyre and no choice) for 300 for the pair.
Falken FK 451 work out about 125 per corner + vat from Bracknell tyres.
Bridgestones are more like 200 at that size.

·
Registered
997 Posts
My Favorite Tyres So Far

After 4 years and many sets of tyres on my R33 I have to say that the Yokohama AVS are my number one choice.
I run 275/35 x 18` on Rays/Nismo GT1 split rims (18 x 10`s).

Henry.

·
Registered
234 Posts
mytyres

following what alan said i went onto mytyres for a quote - it was about £178 per GoodYear F1. I asked Kwik Fit if they could match it and they put the phone down guffawing with laughter. I then called Charlie Browns who came back with £748 for all of them fitted, which i went with (mytyres didn't have a leeds based fitter that i trusted)
i have to say that the goodyears are just in a different league to the bridgestones on my car. I'll just be interested to see how long they last
sammy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sammy
I am about to put new boots on my R34. You say they are better than the Bridgestones? Was that SO2's and in what way better?

·
Registered
153 Posts
i set of S03's

Hi guys

I have ,1 set of brigestone So3's for sale

size 275/35/18 brand new!!! ,first come first serve :D

call me on 07909 511 000 anytime day or night untill 10.30pm

Cheers Marco

·
Registered
234 Posts
S02s

.... might be fine James. My experience has been RE040s, which are fairly durable but unbelievably twitchy over an uneven surface (eg a lot of country roads), and SO3s, which lasted 2000 miles (which included only one trackday), which isn't enough for me. That said, i may have had a bad set - if you speak to someone like Peter E, he has had a completely different experience i think.
Good luck

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Sammy,

I used MyTyres for a quote on Goodyears recently for the GTS, they came back at a tad over $450 for 4, I called QuickFit and got the laughter routine also, I then called one of my local tyre & exhaust fitters and their initial quote was $600.

I explained to them that they were way out with their price, and when they re-quoted $462 fitted, I jumped at the offer.

So MyTyres provide us with a really good leverage point when we go to the dealers :)

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Oh, I forgot to say that the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's are making out well for me too :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
You started to use dollars now instead of sterling? Not good enough the scots get there own money you have to use dollars now, LMAO:D

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
ROFL,
Actually I used Pound Notes, you know the paper ones.

Best bit about Pound Notes is taking them south of the border (can't remember the name of the place) and paying for things with them, you often get £4 and pennies change :)

Damned US keyboards :(

·
Registered
865 Posts
I wish we had pound notes still, would make your wallet look fatter instead of your pocket with pound coins, lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts