GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a more reasonable way to import a skyline to the US, motorex.net wants $53,500 for a '96 r33 vspec or $25,000 to convert one you privatly import, i dont think that includes the LHD conversion either. well any ideas would be appreciated, my budget would be around $43,000 for selling my supercharged '01 honda s2000 and my '00 kawasaki ZX-9R

·
Banned
349 Posts
I don't know the process to get one into the US or the costs, but I do know that you can fly one in from the uk for about $3000. I know this as I am taking my new 34 to New York for the Gumball3000 race (like the cannonball run) next year. The race is from New York to LA.

My 1996 R 33 is for sale for approximately $30,000, so I suppose considering your budget if you can pay the taxes and freight ect for $13,000 it may be a deal that would work for you?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
From my understanding, if that is done more than likely if you get caught they will impound and crush it. Like I said from my understanding.

·
Registered
547 Posts
importing to the US

I would call around a bit.. I wrote the stuff on the site a long time ago, before Motorex started importing and costs were high.

I would guess that the conversion costs are more for older cars then newer ones, and I'd guess that because Motorex have got so many into the US (and Calif !!) that other people (like Wallace) can probably get the cars done cheaper than before.

You'll never get it converted to LHD, not until you pay a huge amount of $$s for a bespoke job.

So I'd be interested in hearing what the stae of play is these days.

But then again Motorex know the car and you'll have to get it serviced somewhere. .. maybe it's worth haggling (or get an R32)

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
???

Surely that's a bit drastic????:confused:
Are US laws really that strict when it comes to driving around in a non-legal looking car...especially if it's only for a special event such as the race mentioned.

what about those turbod and supercharged Hondas around in california????

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Wallace will not do any mods to bring the Skyline up to US specs. MotoRex charges $17,000 for 89-95 (OBDI) and $26,000 for 96 and up(OBDII) skylines.

And yes they are that stricked, look what they did to that Yellow GTS.

Oh, as for the Hondas that are supercharged and turbocharged those mods were done to US specs cars. The regulations here are outrageous. That's why I can't wait to get over there:D

·
Banned
349 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on your laws. I will now be looking into it in more detail. Perhaps I'll end up buying something in the states then selling it again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts