GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But is it all part of the publicity machine? I never saw it, just read about the brawl afterwards, so wouldn***8217;t be surprised if it wasn***8217;t staged.
Hope the kid don***8217;t get stripped/suspended, considering Conor***8217;s antics, all he got was a slap on the wrist.

A lot of wannabee***8217;s who thought khabib had holes in approach are going to be thinking again.

The kid is a beast!!!!!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hope the kid don***8217;t get stripped/suspended, considering Conor***8217;s antics, all he got was a slap on the wrist.

A lot of wannabee***8217;s who thought khabib had holes in approach are going to be thinking again.

The kid is a beast!!!!!
Was great watching Connor getting school***8217;ed at his sport but Khabib***8217;s fellow team mates should feel like idiots for jumping in and trying to fight him as well. The guy was done, no need to jump in like animals. I haven***8217;t forgotten what happened earlier in the year with the bus and the trolley, it was obvious that that was for publicity but I***8217;m not sure Khabib realises that...could be wrong.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Good fight - although Khabib is, and always has been, a very boring watch. Love or hate Conor, he brought the UFC to the mainstream. Not really a fan of either but I do find Conor's trash-talk to be quite hilarious at times. I dislike the way the UFC gives him special treatment however. After 2 years out he doesn't deserve an immediate title shot. I'd love to see Khabib v Tony Ferguson in the near future.

Chael Sonnen's breakdown was an interesting watch here. Unsure if a straight rematch would be in Conor's best interest but it's certainly going to generate the most PPV sales, which, is in the UFC's best interest so I'm sure they'll try and push for it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Good fight - although Khabib is, and always has been, a very boring watch. Love or hate Conor, he brought the UFC to the mainstream. Not really a fan of either but I do find Conor's trash-talk to be quite hilarious at times. I dislike the way the UFC gives him special treatment however. After 2 years out he doesn't deserve an immediate title shot. I'd love to see Khabib v Tony Ferguson in the near future.

Chael Sonnen's breakdown was an interesting watch here. Unsure if a straight rematch would be in Conor's best interest but it's certainly going to generate the most PPV sales, which, is in the UFC's best interest so I'm sure they'll try and push for it.
Agree with you on a boring watch, but that’s wrestling for you. The Americans found a way of making it interesting to certain folk by adding all of the theatrics and came up with wwe, but in a serious contest it isn’t that entertaining to the average viewer. I could see a rematch ending the same way tbh. Connor is quite a character though :chuckle: but you need guys like that, obviously for more viewers/£’s, but purely for their entertainment value just like Tyson Fury they add a bit of humour to a serious situation. But going around acting like football hooligans (which CM did) is going a bit far just to get attention for the fight.
A Khabib v Ferguson fight would be good but I can’t see it happening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts