GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing my SQV last night I went out for a blast today. When I got in to give the car a clean there was oil dripping down the front bumper and grill. Took the bonnet off and had a look....It was coming out of my SQV....Not good! Also I noticed that my oil pressure has been running quite low....1bar at idle and 4bar at full revs. Shit.....I hope it doesn't mean my engine is on the way out. Any other ideas? Could it be the turbo?

If not I don't want the hassle of a rebuild. Anyone know of either an RB20DET, RB25DET or RB26DETT for sale?

Let me know what you guys think. Does it sound terminal?

James

·
Registered
466 Posts
Don't worry????

Hi,

I hope i am right but....

When i had my SQV's fitted i had the same problem and was told my turbos where possibly on the way out.

But what happens is u get oil recirculating in the normal one and the SQV vents to air therefore for about a week they will blow some oil out thats built up, I had a heart attack when mine did this, but all fine since :)

i am sure this is the same for u.

d

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so!

That would be sweet if it is that. Even if it's the turbo it will be sweet too. I was going to buy a turbo upgrade this month anyway. The only place the oil can be coming from is the breather pipe or the turbo, so fingers crossed it's what you described!

Cheers.

James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts