GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My UK 09 Custom Cobb, Y pipe and Titan had its MOT today.

Some people have been worried about whether the cars will pass the emissions test come MOT time...

Natural idle - CO - 0.00% vol

Fast idle - CO - 0.00%, HC 6ppm vol, lambda 1.001

So yes it passed.

And relax.....

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Exactly as many of us thought, thanks for the confirmation.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Can someone with catless downpipes and full exhaust post up when they get there's done...hoping worst case I only need to swap out the ypipe

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
So no point in trying to gas yourself in a Y-piped GT-R then? 0.0% CO, pretty impressive.
:chuckle:

Seems like the standard primary cats are doing a great job. Presumably the boost maps on natural idle and fast idle make no odds with no actual load on the motor?

Still I will warm her up and switch to low boost map for the probe. Never used the low boost map before! :banned:

Tune is a Litchfield Stage II with Milltek with secondary cats removed ...and there was me thinking of a quick shipment from Iain's shed for my old secondaries or a pair of these HKS replacement performance primary cats!

Low down torque and boost response is nicely improved. Out of interest, does anyone know how much better a completely catless system is over the HKS or standard cats? Dyno data would be interesting if anyone's got any.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mine breezed through its MOT yesterday too. Oem downpipes then 4 inch straight pipe for the rest of the system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts