GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it passed.

Catless downpipes, full milltek cat back, bigger injectors, turbo's etc. 750 hp.

Just swapped the y pipe back to std, and made sure on economy map

Fast idle

Co = 0.19% against limit of 0.20% = pass
Hc = 89ppm against limit of 200 = pass
Lambda 1.023 against limit 0.97 to 1.03 = pass

Natural idle

Co = 0.03% against limit of 0.30%

So no problems here ! Just had to stop the f***wits from attempting to jack up in wrong place as the jack points on the hoist did not fit or line up with gtr jack points. Probably worth keeping an eye on this as no one wants damaged under trays and doubt they would own up if you did not actually see them do it..

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Yes it passed.

Catless downpipes, full milltek cat back, bigger injectors, turbo's etc. 750 hp.

Fast idle

Natural idle

So no problems here ! Just had to stop the f***wits from attempting to jack up in wrong place as the jack points on the hoist did not fit or line up with gtr jack points. Probably worth keeping an eye on this as no one wants damaged under trays and doubt they would own up if you did not actually see them do it..
Great news. So everyone's going to be refitting their stock Y-pipes come MOT time!

Why did they need to jack the car up, or was that for when you refitted the Y-pipe? Surely you didn't do that at the MOT station?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great news. So everyone's going to be refitting their stock Y-pipes come MOT time!

Why did they need to jack the car up, or was that for when you refitted the Y-pipe? Surely you didn't do that at the MOT station?
I think stock y pipe only for those of us with cat less dp's. To inspect some of the front suspension components it is necessary to jack the front wheels off the ground, but I think in all honesty it will depend on how pedantic the tester is.. I had already swapped over the y pipe yesterday. Might keep it on for the weekend. Can't believe how quiet it is...

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Excellent news! Bit of a relief actually as although i have 18 months before MOT time I really would not want to have to change the dp"s to get through the MOT.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Yes it passed.

Fast idle

Natural idle

What did they do for the brake test Chris, was it the old decelerometer meter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts