GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard this on the radio - another step towards presumably electrification/hydrogen powered vehicles. No doubt oil fuels will be banned shortly thereafter.......for vehicles anyway......

Still, just enough time for Nissan to get the R36 out and possibly the R37 too?! I hope they go full balls out on the R36 as a pure petrol car with stellar performance and leave the electric motors for the R37.

·
Registered
276 Posts
All those European countries say they want to ban the petrol/diesel powered vehicles by some exact year, but what is funny they never mandated it nor made it official. Only country that seems to be enforcing the ban of petrol/diesel cars in some areas are the French. Yet, you can easily outrun them and their little 1 liter sh*t boxes.

This whole electric car trend is propaganda created by the government to control the blind sheep, also powered by the strong electric corporations who want more of your money. Electric will never prove to be superior to petrol unfortunately. They only have 0-60 times to boast. I mean, you already know that electric isn't the future when they try to implement internal combustion engine noises into the cabin. The ev companies don't like to boast about how many customer's vehicles catch on fire or how many end up at the scrap yard (saw 5 Teslas in my local junkyard). Apparently, even if you get in a minor fender bender the car manufacturers shut the car down to prevent spontaneous combustion and failure of electronics. Already labeled all the cons on my thread about ev owners and their pathetic little utopia.

If they want to do a favor for Earth, I can supply some ropes, stools, and bars of soap to help them from consuming too much of our O2 they worry about. They need to get a life, get their testicles back into place, and stop acting like white knights just so they have a higher chance of scoring p*ssy by their female friends or companions.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
So is petrol due to run out at all? Or have the Arabs got shitloads for years and years? As long as we have super unleaded, we are fine....?

·
Registered
276 Posts
So is petrol due to run out at all? Or have the Arabs got shitloads for years and years? As long as we have super unleaded, we are fine....?
So many uncharted areas with a bunch of oil, especially in the sea. Not just the Arabs. If you want your own oil field, you can buy an acre or two in Texas or Kentucky. I'll go out on a limb and say that ethanol will be the future since it is an easy alternative to move to and more practical/efficient than electric. I mean, didn't Porsche get caught lying about Taycan's 260 range when in reality the best it can do is 190 miles while driving conservatively and 24 hours to fully charge at home? Installing a station in the house is already an expensive dream. People are blind by the "we'll soon have this to make it quick" quotes by ev companies for years, yet they can't wrap their head around that charging is an impractical and expensive (now with the price increase) practice compared to a 3 minute fill up. I've got 680,000 hours to live, ain't wasting any of that time for a lard ev to charge.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
So many uncharted areas with a bunch of oil, especially in the sea. Not just the Arabs. If you want your own oil field, you can buy an acre or two in Texas or Kentucky. I'll go out on a limb and say that ethanol will be the future since it is an easy alternative to move to and more practical/efficient than electric. I mean, didn't Porsche get caught lying about Taycan's 260 range when in reality the best it can do is 190 miles while driving conservatively and 24 hours to fully charge at home? Installing a station in the house is already an expensive dream. People are blind by the "we'll soon have this to make it quick" quotes by ev companies for years, yet they can't wrap their head around that charging is an impractical and expensive (now with the price increase) practice compared to a 3 minute fill up. I've got 680,000 hours to live, ain't wasting any of that time for a lard ev to charge.
For a more balanced (sic) view on this you should head over to Pistonheads, otherwise known as Batteryheads, Brake and or Mumsnet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
For a more balanced (sic) view on this you should head over to Pistonheads, otherwise known as Batteryheads, Brake and or Mumsnet.
Just feel a lot of the car enthusiasts have become soft to appease their wife or girlfriend in order to score pussy. So many women forums out there complaining about how their husbands or boyfriends only care about the cars and don't like hybrids which means they don't care about the kid's life on Earth. Many try to get guys to sell their sports car for a crossover or SUV. Kid can ride in the back seats of a coupe fine. Newer generations are even more pathetic, a lot of the ones in mine don't even know how to change a tire. Not all, but most. Hard to find people who like cars my age.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
It REALLY irks me how much of a decline that place has suffered. So many righteous types now its disheartening, they even dropped the "speed matters" tagline.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Look at it like this, the more electric vehicles people Buy the less petrol that will be sold leaving more of that precious fuel for us petrol heads

Fuel will not cease to be made while there is demand for it, they will just outlaw the production of new combustion engines.

Think of it like the emmisions changes over the last 40 years, they change the laws but the laws that were in place when the cars were produced are all that's relevant, old cars aren't required to adhere to current updated laws/rules
My 1959 hot rod doesn't need an mot, doesn't even have to have seat belts ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just feel a lot of the car enthusiasts have become soft to appease their wife or girlfriend in order to score pussy. So many women forums out there complaining about how their husbands or boyfriends only care about the cars and don't like hybrids which means they don't care about the kid's life on Earth. Many try to get guys to sell their sports car for a crossover or SUV. Kid can ride in the back seats of a coupe fine. Newer generations are even more pathetic, a lot of the ones in mine don't even know how to change a tire. Not all, but most. Hard to find people who like cars my age.
Liking Cars is patriarchy and sexist nowadays.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts