GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Opinions are wildly divided.

However, I bought my UK car because I demanded a proper warranty out of a car I'm spending tens of £thousands on (I've never been comfortable with 3rd party warranties)

I also love the leather interior of the UK cars (not sure if that's worth the extra ££ though)

The UK cars also come with extra oil coolers etc, and I was planning on taking mine on the track, so I felt I needed them (although they can be added at a later time)

I also like buying cars from new, with the peace of mind that some fool hasn't crashed it and had it repaired.. (but as there are no more new UK cars, that's not an issue)

Your mileage may vary..

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the car is going to be a base for heavy tuning (750bhp) so i will be getting racing seats/harnesses etc, so the interior options would n/a as with dealer warranty I was wondering what other things differ from UK to import, like the oil cooler and uk set dash computer?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was flippant as usual but i would go for a uk spec car with
warranty etc considering the money involved & whats the
saving anyway on a 34 import.

I've seen a few in the press recently and the 34 is likely to
be the last of the true bloodstock. (If I had the cash sorry dreaming again..)

Weston

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
UK Warranty

Hi Simon.

As soon as you tune it Simon the warranty is invalid. Save your pounds and buy an Import. Plus the difference in s/hand import prices resale is already closing compared to UK ones. So give it a couple of years and when all the UK cars are out of warranty your import car will have the same value as a UK one. Also I've never heard of anything going wrong with 'em really anyway.

And the leather, nah too luxury car ish if you want to go Track Tool.

See Ya.

glen.

ps. Sure Mark can source you either if required and will be able to give you many pointers.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers glen, I think i will probably go second hand as well, I hate getting the sting in the tail buying new then after a few months finding its dropped thousands in value and as the car will be tuned any way, the uk car extra's will all be useless, however, I would like a virgin car (standard, low miles) with FSH, which from past experience is not that easy from Japan, also I know insurace companies are still scared of imports, I used to pay an extra £1500 for an import 300ZX than quoted for the uk car. but will the tuning make it a level playing field.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Tuning and Insurance

Simon.

Have a look on the Insurance threads. Their are a few companies who will take tuned cars on, for an extra premium (bless 'em,) and as long as you keep them informed along the way I cant see a problem.

Maybe look at a limited mileage policy as well depending on the road miles you may be covering.

Yeah sorry forgot to say Mark and Tony @ Abbey :rolleyes: .

glen

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
N1

Simon,

Having read the posts re single or twin turbos, where you describe you want to build an adaptable track car, have you thought about getting an N1 ?
That must be the best foundation for what you want to do :smokin:
I`m sure that someone like Shin at ProSpec could find you one for import ....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bean,

Am I correct into thinking the N1 is the basic version used by the racing teams as there shells? if so this could be the one I am looking for, if it is, does it still come with the dash top computer? monitoring pressures etc.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am getting closer to a decision:) I have just checked prospec web site, he has a very tempting R33 400R in Le Mans blue, pitty I will have no more room in my garage once the skyline and Noble arrive, :confused: I will have to build another garage:p

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Simon,

The N1 is the race car base with a much stronger engine.
It has the MFD and all the other goodies, you just lose a few trivial items like the door mirrors are not body colour, no rear wiper, and no Aircon.
One problem for you, being a blue fetishist, is that they are all white, but I`m sure that could be changed.....

The details are on this site in the Technical section at
http://www.gtr.co.uk/N1.html

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you Bean, I am sure a tin of Blue paint could be found :p, yep, the more I read on this one, the more I think it sounds the one.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Simon,

You might find an N1 that is close to the spec you require already.

This R34 N1 Vspec II sold at JAA Tokyo recently and has a roll cage, Apexi intercooler and some other stuff.

Shin or DCD might tell you what it says.

JAA Tokyo SKYLINE
Lot No. Year Model Type Displacement Fuel
197 2001 - 2600cc
Chassis No. Odometer Colour Trans History Grade
BNR34-401788 5,000km white Manual 6 Speed 3A
Air Condition Options
No equipment Power Steering / Power Window / Aluminium Wheel
Start Price Status Sold Price
4,400,000YEN Sale agreement 4,760,000YEN

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just had a reply back from [email protected], saying prob more worth while picking up a standard R34 GTR, Non v spec, already in the UK rather than the N1, because, majority of the car will be changed anyway, he would use the N1 block, but even 80% of the engine would be changed, nearly all suspension, brakes etc. As far as I am aware all of the above cars can be picked up for around 35K, am I right in thinking that? If this is the case it would be down to which car is the best for the job.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts