GTR Forum banner

381 - 398 of 398 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,593 Posts
Not 100% true Toni....

You see, Globally Nissan built 68 EV1 - Lightning Yellow R34 GTR's, where as BNR34 Skylines made in QT1 - Pearl White...there is just the one!

GTR-Registry.com - Nissan Skyline R34 Production Numbers

HTH!:)

Oh give me a break LOL. You know what I mean.:double-finger:

I saw a yellow one stripped down having a refresh at autotorque on Saturday, I think the reg was "R34 GTR" someone on here used to own it? it was a UK spec unless im much mistaken.
My car getting some love. :)

·
Premium Member
8,068 Posts
My old R34 GTR has been found in Germany. So we know where all 3 of the Yellow U.K. spec R34 GTR’s are. This on in Germany, Toni from the forum has one & Middlehurst owns the final one

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can confirm that we (Middlehurst Garage) now own chassis number ending in 160, one of the 3 UK delivered EV1 (Lightning Yellow) R34 GT-R's supplied by us new. It has been fully restored over the past 18 months and is now nearing completion. The original registration was 'W46 RBN', soon to be 'N1SMO' when it gets transferred onto it. The other known EV1 UK car in this country is now being fully nut and bolt restored by Auto Torque and is owned by Toni. That is chassis number is 103 (i think now has 'R34 GTR' as the registation number). The third of the 3 UK delivered EV1's that was 'missing' until recently has now 'turned up' in Germany will then be chassis 126, which was actually crashed and wrote off in its day, it was smashed up badly according to my Dad, Andy. So it will be interesting to see what this car is now like. I want to make this aware to people of chassis 126's history incase they are looking at buying it in the future. The so called 'missing' T7 GTR, I know where this car is. its been off the road since 2008. I will end up buying this car when the seller decides to sell, its been promised to me. Hope that clears a few things up! :) - Chris

·
Premium Member
8,068 Posts
Please do expand on the third R34 that is in Germany. I use to own it, and to my knowledge I did not see any crash damage on that car, though my recollection of the car’s chassis isn’t great at this time. I am in touch with the owner and I can get chassis photos to see what kind of damage it may have had..
There was no mention of it being a write off on its V5 either.

·
Super Moderator
15,593 Posts
After a further chat it appears a yellow car was damaged and transported back from France, and it wasn't recorded. But I've a feeling it was panels. Apparently that same car was hit again in England a little while later. It's one of those things that keeps going around, I was even hassled by a trader who kept asking me if it was mine (it isn't, it's been inspected it hasn't had any significant history and mine was in Ireland from new in any event).

I half wonder if this was an import and not one of the UK cars. There were 2-3 yellow imports kicking around at the time. One of which we know was exported to the USA!

·
Premium Member
8,068 Posts
Thank you for the reply Toni.
I also heard a rumour that a yellow car was damaged at some point and beyond repair however I don’t anything more than that.

I know the full ownership background of my old car in Germany & the original owner got it from Middlehurst and they maintained it too, that person sold it as they brought an R35 from Middlehurst.

I can actually list all the previous owners but won’t as it involves sharing other people’s information which isn’t my place to do so. It is in a poor state right now as rust has affected the car. The car has never left Germany and only travelled through France when it was brought from Keighly Trade Centre.
I just had a scan of the chassis photos I have for it and there is no obvious signs of damage.

we know about the yellow car that went to Universal for 2 Fast 2 Furious, and there are atleast another 3 if not 4 Yellow R34 GTR’s in the U.K. at this time

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can confirm that we (Middlehurst Garage) now own chassis number ending in 160, one of the 3 UK delivered EV1 (Lightning Yellow) R34 GT-R's supplied by us new. It has been fully restored over the past 18 months and is now nearing completion. The original registration was 'W46 RBN', soon to be 'N1SMO' when it gets transferred onto it. The other known EV1 UK car in this country is now being fully nut and bolt restored by Auto Torque and is owned by Toni. That is chassis number is 103 (i think now has 'R34 GTR' as the registation number). The third of the 3 UK delivered EV1's that was 'missing' until recently has now 'turned up' in Germany will then be chassis 126, which was actually crashed and wrote off in its day, it was smashed up badly according to my Dad, Andy. So it will be interesting to see what this car is now like. I want to make this aware to people of chassis 126's history incase they are looking at buying it in the future. The so called 'missing' T7 GTR, I know where this car is. its been off the road since 2008. I will end up buying this car when the seller decides to sell, its been promised to me. Hope that clears a few things up! :) - Chris
Hi Chris,
Is the T7GTR you know of the original BB press car or a later UK VIN series? If so, out of the six cars, two (T9 GTR also) have been off the road since 2008. Quite a coincidence considering.

381 - 398 of 398 Posts