GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Steve Riches is in charge of the UK Skyline Register and is on here.

Why the differentiation between UK models and imports?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
because there are a finite number of UK cars, and a variable number of imports that's all. Wasn't through any snobbery (honest)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Interesting Subject

Would be good to know how many imports and UK cars their are over here.

Probably never find out though as LOADS of owners don't even visit this or other Skyline sites.

Perhaps if we asked Middlehurst how many UK 33's and 34's they have sold that would be going someway to finding out. Don't know how we'd find out the rest though.

glen

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
|Skylines Left At MMs

I had a brochure from them which said they there are no NEW cars left for 2002 !

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may be talking utter rubbish (nothing new there) but Lotus has to register all of it's remaining Exiges before 01/01/2002 as they would not pass emission regulations after that date.

I wonder if Nissan/Middlehurst had to do that with the remaining R34s

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Brochure

Elliot.

Sorry I misled you there .It wasn't a brochure for they had run out:( ,but it was a letter and a calender !

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Thanks Paul. I have one of the UK GTR Brochures from August 1999. Who knows when they will get some new one's in.....

-Elliot

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Guy. I can recall Middlehurst selling a Brand-New Black R34 GTR V-Spec some time last year. I will e-mail them and ask for the details.

-Elliot

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hmmmmm !

As far as I know there are no new R34's left now.

There are 80 official UK R34's and if you want to count them 6 Ex-press cars that were built to UK specification. As for the R33 models they were again limited but this time to 100 examples.

All of the cars where SVA'd at the same time so it doesn't matter if they are registered or not with regard to emissions. They passed emission regs long but the change in the law. I know this because it was a right git to get them through because it was so bloody cold at the time and I froze my tits off in the middle of nowhere.

I not sure about the colour allocation. Although I could find out if you guys really need to know. The only bit I can remember is that there was 3 Yellow cars (Nice !! if you like that kind of thing). Most of them where Bayside Blue followed by Sliver then an almost equal quantity of Black and Red.

Do I get a special award for writing such a long and informative post ???

Gary.
MM.

Manchester United 0 Liverpool 1

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Long reply

Gary,I was very suprised to see you were able to put your pint down long enough to type all that in :D .And with that finger :eek: .How do you do it mate?

:confused:

·
Registered
336 Posts
What are you trying to say ?

LOL !! I typed it out with my right hand while my pint was being poured.

Beer maybe the only solution, but not the answer. It seems that 10 pints are like a time machine. I lost a day after them. Strange ! Can anybody explain?

LOL !!

Gary.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I reiceved a letter from Andy Middlehurst today. He answered the question regarding how many of each colour they have sold. They are as follows:
Blue:30
Silver:30
Red:10
Black:7
Yellow:3
Yep you was right about 3 yellow's Gary.

-Elliot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts