GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I aint the most knowledgable bowt things when it comes to the technical stuff but can anyone confirm the BHP of the UK R33's. People often ask and I can only say what the Mr Middlehurst told me. Which he said is 360 BHP and its had no mods done. I tend to belive him but I aint sure.

Any of you guys know the best place to go and find out or is Middlehurst "The" place anyway.

Chris

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi Chris,

I think 360 BHP out of the box is a bit optomistic, it is well known that any spec of GTR 33 will be about 300 bhp std.. but unless you have an aftermarket exhaust, airfilter and have the ecu remapped to run them better you will be looking at a max of about 320 ish. and that is rare with the std airbox/filter.

Uk cars just have some extra cooling on the rear diff and on the engine oil, sometimes a different spec interior. plus the obvious speed restrictor changes and non xenon headlamps?.

normal mods for that power are above plus oil cooler (non UK). then more power can be gained by changing the intercooler then the turbos and engine inners,fuel supply etc..

If they are quoting that sort of power then I'd want to see a dyno sheet to back it up.

as far as tuners go there are a few excellent tuners around I'd go reasonable local then ask if anyone uses those ones. obvious ones are in the tuners section of this site.
(http://www.gtr.co.uk)

cheers
Steve

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
UK R33s

Middlehursts quotes 360BHP with the mods that they did on the 'OPTION 360'. As above, it entailed new exhaust, air filters, ecu, and boost set to 1bar from 0.7.
I think they quote 310-320ish for a standard car.

·
Registered
225 Posts
STD UK Spec R34V - 320 BHP - tuning japanese
R33V about 10 BHP less

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks and more thanks & just a bit more help

Thanks lads for that valuable information. I just cant seem to learn enough about these cars. Guess I must of got the bug, never thought it possible all those years ago in me Nissan Sunny Cooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeee', with large plooms of white smoke kicking out the back and the ever so nice oil stain that still remains on my drive.

I reckon then that mine has had the Middlehurst 360 whatever done but I shall double check on that. If not who gives a F*** cos I love her just the way she is. But for how Long ????????????? who knows.

Back on the learning bit where can I get books or vids on these cars, I have a hell of a lot of catching up to do?

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts