GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, did you ever check if the odometer has the correct reading?
While i was driving my r34 to Cyprus from the uk i have noticed that the readings i had with the gps was 10 miles out of the reality. I have used my gps with other Japanese and European cars and was always correct with the cars odometers but with the r34 was 10 miles out when my gps was reading 100km or 62miles the odometer of the car was showing 72 miles.

Anyone else had the same experience?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Does the car have non-standard wheels on it?

It matters if the wheels have been changed.

And are you talking about the speed or distance travelled?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No everything is stock i am talking in general for the odometer speed while traveling that means that if the readout is 10 miles extra the distance traveled will be at 10 miles more as well as is not actual, but even for someone who have changed the wheels should not have a different read outs i think.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just rechecked yesterday with a different gps the uk odometers fitted to the uk spec cars are showing the wrong speed. to have the correct speed of the car you must -10 miles of the speed you are going. Its important for us in Cyprus since we are aloud to drive max 120 km/h to know and not exceed that speed otherwise we will get a fine if the radar hit us. + if the odometer says that you have done 50.000 miles its actually 40.000
I think when i am going to be tuning my engine will buy the nismo odometers as well.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even though i have seen no interest about this but cause it puled my interest and did some investigations, wile i was talking with a friend from Cyprus who owns a vspec 2 nur and he has the 320km odometer is off 10-15km as well so it have to do something with all gtr r34 way of calibrating the speed and not with the odometers so its not any reason for me as i thought that it was a proplem with the uk odometers on changing to a nismo one.

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
If you search there are other threads about this on the board chap, I know as I contributed to one around a month ago. My UK GTR does the same thing, they all appear to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts