GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I'm looking to purchase a GT-R in white/premium edition and i've found a nice looking car via a dealer on Ebay. It's a Jap import with power pack for just under £50k. It's done 1000 miles. I'm yet to view.

What's everyone's view on buying a Jap car vs a UK spec.

Is there anything i need to look out for other than the warranty. Is there any spec (major) differences ?

Would i be better ordering a UK car and waiting ?

FYI, the link to the car is here : NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R R35 on eBay (end time 11-Aug-09 12:09:21 BST)

Thanks

Dan

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
£50k for jap import, no manufacturer warranty, no idea how those 1000 miles have been driven, japanese language on diplay.

or

UK cars listed for not that much more...

Nissan GT-Rs for Sale

I'd have a UK car every time but you pays your money, you takes your chances....

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
UK have a warranty.....

JDM (I have one) slightly harder suspension and access to download/upload via CF card. Higher res screen, more variations on the spec good and bad, bridgestone harder wearing tyres

Japanese sub menus, only radio 2 early one's (vin 1000 or less) might have gearbox issues

·
Registered
765 Posts
for a few grand diff if that uk one, but wait few more months until the sat nav comes out and the non-sat navs will be dropping ;)
Then wait a while longer until the sat nav models are so out of date that you will have to buy a dash mount anyway ;)

Oh and my vote goes to the UK model. Warranty and knowing the cars history, well worth the extra few £££.

You can have mine for £58K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would choose a uk version because u dont know the previos record of the car it could have crashed and been fixed (but wen they crash they weeken no matter how u fix it)
and the cost isnt that different but its up to you m8

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all.

I'll go for the UK car. Just need to find a white one with Premium spec. Then i'll want to go for the power pack upgrade if possible.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Then i'll want to go for the power pack upgrade if possible.
Y-pipe and CobbAccessport.

All in around £1000 - £1200

Good for another 70 bhp.

550-560 bhp is more than enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.

Who is best to do the fit ? I live in hertfordshire, not that that is necessarily important as a long drive wouldn't be a problem ;-)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Does'nt fitting the power pack as described above to a UK car not ruffle the feathers a bit in the nissan warranty office. Surely they will notice when you go for the next service.?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts