GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Do cars with Middle eastern / non-uk plates actually get ticketed? (fines paid)

Even still they can afford the fine so it doesn't change much apart from the council making more money from whoever gets caught out

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
74Db... Wow..
There goes the Super Dragger, titanium straight pipe systems lads+ much more

What's a 35 GTR stock exhaust DB? And in R mode?
This will be interesting...

·
Registered
755 Posts
They can crack down on this but not knife crime , gang violence and moped thieves.

F’ing pricks.
Because it’s an easy cop. They’ll (governance) will continuously target drivers because, if you can afford a car then you can afford a penalty notice, regardless of how trivial it appears.
Not so long ago I got pulled over for pulling away and putting on my seatbelt at the same time. Now by the book I should have had my belt on before moving but you know what it’s like, rush rush rush. Anyway had to do an online “safety course” and all I can say is.....what a crock of s*it. Complete waste of time, learnt sod all but they still got their money.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Anyway had to do an online “safety course” and all I can say is.....what a crock of s*it. Complete waste of time, learnt sod all but they still got their money.
Bet you learnt not to drive off without putting your seatbelt on first though ;)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Nope, still do it now. Not through ignorance but it’s hardly dangerous driving. Just to add to the point of dangerous driving, the plod that pulled me said it was a form of dangerous driving because I only had one hand on the wheel while I was putting my belt on. Anyone else see the issue here. I then explained how driving a manual car works, what a bloody idiot.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Nope, still do it now. Not through ignorance but it’s hardly dangerous driving. Just to add to the point of dangerous driving, the plod that pulled me said it was a form of dangerous driving because I only had one hand on the wheel while I was putting my belt on. Anyone else see the issue here. I then explained how driving a manual car works, what a bloody idiot.
When they ban manuals we'll know who to come looking for now ;)

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
74Db... Wow..
There goes the Super Dragger, titanium straight pipe systems lads+ much more

What's a 35 GTR stock exhaust DB? And in R mode?
This will be interesting...
I think its listed on the V5C. I'll have a look once i'm home.

·
Super Moderator
15,549 Posts
In fairness if I lived there and a load of cars kept revving their engines at 3 in the morning I'd be pretty hacked off. It's always the few that spoil it for everyone.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
At 3 in the morning everything is noisy!!
You need better windows my friend :chuckle:

74 dBA is actually the maximum legal limit that a new car exhaust can be post 2016. So the old CBA and DBA's could argue a slightly higher 82dBA.

Looking at the Euro 6 latest entries and some of the archived reports the following GTR dBA is recorded as:

Euro5 09-10 -> 71dBA
Euro6 2016 -> 69.7dBA
GTR 2017 -> 67.9dBA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts