GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, had the car at the bodyshop to do a front end respray to clear up the stone chips. While they had the bumper off, they turned the ignition on and moved the car and this seems to have activated the pedestrian safety system warning light on the dash (the bonnet pop up red warning light).

I plugged in the Ecutek cable and got 2 codes:

1. C1109 – ABS ECU, Air con etc

2. C1711 – TPMS

Re: the second code, I think this is unrelated and bad luck as when driving back I had a yellow "TPMS malfunction" warning and advised to "visit dealer". I checked the tyre pressure readings on screen and it seemed the left rear sensor was starred out like this "***" but the other 3 were ok. It then, seemed to fix itself and the warning went away.

When trying to clear these codes, I was unable to do so with the EcuTek cable. They both remain.

Any ideas??

Also, is it likely I'll need a new TPMS sensor if it is intermittently giving a fault or is this fixable in another way?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The tyre sensor one could be a faulty sensor or needs a recode. Ecutek will clear the fault and be able to put them into learn mode but can't code.

I just bought a coder in Florida for $40! Think UK they're around £100 but all the INDY's have them.

Regarding first when i've had previous faults never had issues clearing but ifs a 'permanent' fault it'll reappear on start / ignition strange issues aren't clearing.

The TPMS should definitely disappear for at least 10 miles

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
In car ECM Diagnostics/ECM Reset procedure:
1) Sit in the driver's seat.
2) Turn the ignition key to the ON position and wait three seconds. (Do not start the car.)
3) Fully depress and release the accelerator pedal five times in less than five seconds.
4) Wait exactly seven seconds. Fully depress the accelerator pedal for ten seconds (15 on GT-R) or until the MIL (SES) light flashes.
5) Release the accelerator pedal and start counting flashes to obtain the four-digit trouble code.
Long flashes (0.6 seconds) indicate the first digit of the code; count the blinks one through nine and write down the first digit. (Ten blinks indicates a zero.)
The next three digits follow in turn in the same fashion except with faster blinks (0.3 second) and a 1.0-second pause between digits.
The ECM code repeats its self until you turn the ignition key to the OFF position, at which point the ECM resets itself to standard get-in-and-drive-the-car mode.

Additionally, if you get four blinks of ten (0000), the ECM is indicating no malfunction.

You can clear the code (and the annoying MIL) by holding down the accelerator pedal for more than 10 seconds while in Diagnostic Test Mode II. When you release the pedal, the ECM erases the trouble code(s).

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I managed to clear the TPMS and the Air con/ABS codes by going into the individual modules. Now when I read all DTCs it shows no error codes. So the bonnet pop warning light doesn't seem to be associated to an error code.

On EcuTek, there is a "pop up hood ECU tool" which allows you to read for errors in this. When I go into it, the "read codes" button is greyed out. The "clear codes" button works and I tried it but it doesn't clear the warning light.

I wonder if this means the bodyshop forgot to connect something back up. I also tried the manual method by pressing the pedals but my timing must be rubbish as I can't get it work at all.

Any other ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts