GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - check this out. Look what I found in the December issue of GTR Magazine here in Japan:

This pricing is incredible - only 109,000 Yen (114,450 Yen with tax) for 90mm full catback exhaust!

Just to give you an idea of how much full titanium exhausts usually cost here in Japan:

1) Mine’s Silence VX-Pro Titan III (for R32, R34 only) – 270,900 yen with tax.
Specs – 78-80mm pipe, outlet is 120mm.
Mine's (click on Skyline)

2) Powerhouse Amuse: R1 Titan – available for all three models, but 187,950 Yen with tax.
Specs -90mm pipe, outlet is 130mm
BNR34 BCNR33 BNR32

3) HKS – uh, could not find a titanium muffler in their current lineup?

4) Trial – Titan Bazooka Muffler series available for all three models, but 197,400 Yen with tax.
Specs – 80mm pipe, outlet is 115mm.
‚s‚q‚h‚`‚k�@ƒIƒŠƒWƒiƒ‹ƒ}ƒtƒ‰�[

5) Ganador – for all three model cars. They have two exhaust models, Vertex Titan for 281,400 Yen and the Racing Titan for 249,900 Yen.
Only specs listed are the outlet size, first one is 120mm and second is 110.
ƒXƒJƒCƒ‰ƒCƒ“�^ƒXƒJƒCƒ‰ƒCƒ“ GT-R�bNISSAN�bŽÔŽí•Ê�»•i�î•ñ�bƒKƒiƒh�[ƒ‹�bŠ”Ž®‰ïŽÐ ƒ}ƒc�DƒVƒ‡ƒE

6) Midori Seibi
For all three models. Two models for R34, one with and one without a resonator (to quiet down?). R32 and R33 are normal model only.
278,250 yen without (ie normal) and 294,000 yen with.
Specs not listed.
R34 GTR Silent High Power NR??????? - R34 | GT-R?????? ???????

The Tomei pricing, in fact, is LOWER than used prices of some of the ones that I found on Yahoo Auctions! Don't know what the pricing will be overseas, but it's bound to be similarly competitive I would think?

Roughly half the cost?

Now the only problem I think is, WHEN will Tomei have them available to buy? That no one seems to have a straightforward answer...

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
They will be available soon,

we will be shipping a number of 32,33,34 mufflers shortly :)

its really good pricing

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Aki,

sounds tempting, but then I'd have 3 exhaust for my car, if I can't sell my old HKS LOL (and my missus would chase me with the cast iron pan :nervous:)...

...the new HKS for road driving, my old HKS (which basically is just the rear silencer only as I've removed the center silencer) for track and a Titanium one.

I doubt I would ever remove the Titanium one agian once it's installed :runaway:

Nah, need to get my brakes upgraded first :)

Leo

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Toni - Dino told me this thing is LOUD. It will have the removable silencer though from what I understand. As soon as I get one for myself, I will video the sound and post it up.

No rush, right? As it appears there is a large backorder anyway...

Aki

·
Banned
686 Posts
You know this is one thing i dont understand i havent really read through this post, but Japanese parts at this point in time are really expensive simply because the Yen has strengthened, i was hoping they would realise this and re price themselves accordingly so that at least the parts wouldnt be ludicrously high ....
But they have stuck to their guns and expect the world to pay their same price which in coversion terms means more cash to be paid by the world but the same amount in Yens ....
I wish they would rethink pricing and adjust .... i have even thought about having a German sports car simply because of the costs involved in owning whats supposed to be a cheap car but turns out its expensive to run and maintain examples subaru, Nissan, toyota all of them across the board are expensive to run now as apposed to when the rate was 115 to 1 usd it was super cool :)
But now its 76Yen to 1 usd .,....... super crunch time ...!!!!

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
You know this is one thing i dont understand i havent really read through this post, but Japanese parts at this point in time are really expensive simply because the Yen has strengthened, i was hoping they would realise this and re price themselves accordingly so that at least the parts wouldnt be ludicrously high ....
But they have stuck to their guns and expect the world to pay their same price which in coversion terms means more cash to be paid by the world but the same amount in Yens ....
I wish they would rethink pricing and adjust .... i have even thought about having a German sports car simply because of the costs involved in owning whats supposed to be a cheap car but turns out its expensive to run and maintain examples subaru, Nissan, toyota all of them across the board are expensive to run now as apposed to when the rate was 115 to 1 usd it was super cool :)
you really think the japanese are that bothered :D

its the same for everyone with exchange rates.

if this part was released in around 2007/8 it would be about £600 shipped and delivered.

TOMEI muffler is about 1/3 of the price of any other system out there (japanese wise)

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
dont want to sound harsh but you have it the wrong way round.

They cant rethink prices
Parts are made in Japan with japanese costs . They like all companies reach a price in their own currency (yen ) .

If you were paying in yen prices would not have gone up

Trouble is that you/we want to pay in say £s but they still need yen because thats their currency.
Try buying anything over here with a foreign currency

1 - 20 of 62 Posts