GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst my bumper etc is off the car and I am sorting the intercooler out, and also spraying a few bits on the bumper I have decided it would be a good idea to underseal the front end of the car.

Last time I undersealed a car I used the black paint on stuff out of a tin, which makes the car panels look like they have been caked in a nice black sludge! It was on a cheap car at the time so I was not worried about the asthetics of it just the outcome.

However I am not sure I want the arches of the GTR looking like the above mentioned sludge but don’t know if there is another option or not.

What would you people recommend using to underseal a car if you are doing the job yourself? Obviously a good old steam clean first. But what underseal should I go for?

Lee

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard about wax oil I will be using that for the chassis rails etc as it gets to the places brushes cant reach as you pump the oil in to the drain holes etc.

But do waxoil make an actual underseal for the panels? not sure on this does anyone know?

Lee

·
Registered
62 Posts
For the arches on mine Im using Stone chip gaurd with added waxoyl - this stuff sprays on like piant and dries to a smooth finish but remains flexible so it doesnt chip etc. Comes in many colours (Im sticking to Black) This should provide protection from stones and water etc. Sealing isnt as important on mine as shes put to bed through the winter becasue of the salting on the roads etc - for chassis legs etc waxoyl is definitley the way to go.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I always use waxoyl underseal. It brushes on nice and even, and doesn't dry. I would not recommend using the spray on type, unless you can get the car up on a ramp. Laying on your back on the ground and trying to spray means you'll probably miss some parts.

Regards

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh well thanks people looks like I will be giving the wax oil products a go then :)

Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts