GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have spoken to bob at zealous and they dont work on skylines any more.
does anyone have any other reccomendations? Would want a proper job .

any i know its difficult to price but if anyone has had theirs done how much did it cost .

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hello there,

I carry out restoration work on Skyline GTR range.

I have restored several 32S in the numerous years and most recently.....

An R34GTR in MNPIII with a RRR block, which you're aware of.

So back to your car, do you have any pictures you want to share with the extent of corrosion?

Pm me with your number if so, I'll contact you.

Regards

Umar

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Hello there,

I carry out restoration work on Skyline GTR range.

I have restored several 32S in the numerous years and most recently.....

An R34GTR in MNPIII with a RRR block, which you're aware of.

So back to your car, do you have any pictures you want to share with the extent of corrosion?

Pm me with your number if so, I'll contact you.

Regards

Umar
What sort of work do you do? Got any pics of examples?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I clean out the Cancer on these cars. Lol.

I use a rolling spit to precisely get to areas & cut out and treat from various angles.

So engine, subframe, interior out, full inside out treatment.

Create new inner, mid section and outer sills, so basically fabricating all under chassis components

Rust treatment, under chassis treatment, all nuts and bolts replacement, uprating subframe bushes to all other bushes needing doing.

Jacking points strengthening

Chassis SeamWelding
Strut tops

I carry out mechanical work too, from service, Diagnosis to Full Engine rebuilds,

Hope that helps.

As for pictures.. You'll have to wait as their all over the place, a few on phone, some backed up on a hard drive somewhere, and some even lost because I didnt back up and phone pissed!

I will have to create a new thread to show my work.

Most of the cars I've restored are my own or very close friends
I'm not a company carrying out this work for the general public but I'm possibly going to offer this to GTR lovers as I've the ability and capability to.

Only time will tell as to how it goes.

Regards

·
Registered
83 Posts
I clean out the Cancer on these cars. Lol.

I use a rolling spit to precisely get to areas & cut out and treat from various angles.

So engine, subframe, interior out, full inside out treatment.

Create new inner, mid section and outer sills, so basically fabricating all under chassis components

Rust treatment, under chassis treatment, all nuts and bolts replacement, uprating subframe bushes to all other bushes needing doing.

Jacking points strengthening

Chassis SeamWelding
Strut tops

I carry out mechanical work too, from service, Diagnosis to Full Engine rebuilds,

Hope that helps.

As for pictures.. You'll have to wait as their all over the place, a few on phone, some backed up on a hard drive somewhere, and some even lost because I didnt back up and phone pissed!

I will have to create a new thread to show my work.

Most of the cars I've restored are my own or very close friends
I'm not a company carrying out this work for the general public but I'm possibly going to offer this to GTR lovers as I've the ability and capability to.

Only time will tell as to how it goes.

Regards
Looking to do the same on an R33. Similar rust issues, I know the best route is to do full powertrain out. What did you charge to do that?

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Autotorque without question. I used the methods everybody else was including Zealous and they do_not_last.

Not sure how long these methods should last?

My R34 was serviced last week @ JM-Imports and I asked them to take a few photos to show how its doing.....

It's approx 4 years since Zealou5 did the underbody work.

I'll post a few more images on Shreks thread.....

a couple are added FYI below. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts

My R34 was serviced last week @ JM-Imports and I asked them to take a few photos to show how its doing.....

Extremely clean! Was the epoxy stuff used throughout the arches and underbody?

·
Super Moderator
15,592 Posts
In fairness your car would***8217;ve be clean to start with. If already a bit of rust which needs treating then this stuff doesn***8217;t hold anywhere near as well.

Not wanting to diss any company and I***8217;m not, but photos I***8217;ve seen of other cars treated have looked a lot like mine.

·
Administrator
31,408 Posts

How many miles has it done in 4 years and how many of them wet?

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
In fairness your car would’ve be clean to start with. If already a bit of rust which needs treating then this stuff doesn’t hold anywhere near as well.

Not wanting to diss any company and I’m not, but photos I’ve seen of other cars treated have looked a lot like mine.

Hi,

yes, fairly clean to start with but even so, the underside was all taken back to bear metal - giving a sound base for the coatings.

·
Super Moderator
15,592 Posts
Understood but that is a totally different situation to a car that***8217;s been in the UK many years, and goes on to be used in the wet.

To those asking see my project thread and you will see what I experienced with the same methods!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
My uncle's Saab has lasted over 30yrs, used at weekends mainly and lives in the north of Scotland.

Tetroseal on the underside but he now uses Hammerite underbody sealant with added Waxoyl. Waxoyl everywhere else and all cavities.

He re-applies Waxoyl every year in the cavities and he's never had any rust.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts