GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am just having my new endless cc-Rg pads fitted, and i'm literally ashamed at how far i let the old linings go...paper thin! (to be fair, cc-Rg pads were backordered two months, and I refused to switch to a different pad) But that's only on the right side; the left side is, well, also very much gone, but there's significantly more meat on the pads, compared to the right.

Seems a bit odd - something is clearly out of balance...but what?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
am just having my new endless cc-Rg pads fitted, and i'm literally ashamed at how far i let the old linings go...paper thin! (to be fair, cc-Rg pads were backordered two months, and I refused to switch to a different pad) But that's only on the right side; the left side is, well, also very much gone, but there's significantly more meat on the pads, compared to the right.

Seems a bit odd - something is clearly out of balance...but what?
You obviously brake harder into tight left hand corners far more than you do into right hand corners or you tend to travel around alot more in an anti clockwise direction:thumbsup: lol

Or; your right hand caliper is slightly sticky and doesn't return quite so freely as the left caliper.

Rob

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my calipers are stock, yes, and according to the FSM they should be rebuilt every two years. I don't think they've seen a rebuild in a long, long time!!

My rotors are remarkably in great shape. They lost very little thickness in the 2.5 years I used the Endless Super Sports pads. We'll see how they hold up with the new cc-Rg carbon ceramic pads, but so far, in the bit of breaking in I did with the pads, I like them a lot. They pull my car down as well as the Brembos on my motorcycle, very similar, slightly grabby feel.

Although, it could just be having *any* new pads, my old ones were really, truly gone - maybe a couple days worth of driving left on them!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts