GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I noticed today (its probably been this way for a while) that my ride height at the rear is off by 1/2" (the drivers side is lower). The front is spot on but the back isn't. The engine is out of the car but I doubt that causing issues since the its the rear not the front. Is there a proper way to see whats wrong?

I have NPG Bridgestone Coilovers that are pre-load adjustable, the preloads I measured with a vernier and they are pretty close to being identical on both sides.

I keep finding things that need to be fixed, its starting to get old!!! I dont know what to do.

Mitch

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I decided to lift the car an take a better look. It seems like the passengers side droops about an 1/8" or 3mm lower then the drivers side (when the wheels are off the ground). I'm not sure if its normal for these coilovers (or any only pre-load adjustable coilovers) to be uneven even when the car is lifted. I'm just wondering is this a sign of a bad shock/spring, or an even larger issue, or if its just completely normal. I'm guessing that even at full droop with the wheels off the ground the pre-load wouldn't affect the amount of droop a wheel has, even if it was improperly setup.

Thanks
Mitch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts