GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a r33 gtr. I broke the big end on it a couple of months ago. I took it to a company for a new engine to be dropped in. It cost me £4000 to have a chromed up replacement.
Since having this engine ive had nothing but trouble. When I first picked it up i had no boost. So i took it back and now have standard boost. But when i turn it up to 0.85 it goes mad and seems to dump at 4 to 5 thousand rpm. So thats prob no one. Then when i drive at under 4000 rpm on standard boost. It just dies for a few seconds then comes back to life but does the same time and time again.
Anouther problem is the abs light keeps coming on since they have had the car. Still trying to get to the bottom of this problem.
Anyhow i took the car back yesterday to sort out these problem. They done the timing Put the car on diagnostics. They cant find the abs problem on it. They say diagnostics says its all ok.
So left yesterday with all the same problems, so im really unhappy. Then things got worse when i got to Home to Swindon and have to pull over because loads of smoke is coming from the passenger side footwell. The smoke stop when i turned off the ignition but when i started the car back up it was fine. So i rang the place who done the work for them to say maybe its needs a new wiring loom.
I feel like they have ruined what was once a nice gtr to drive.
Any ideas on what i Should do. They said they would send a mechanic out to my home to swap the engine loom. But to be honnest im really annoyed.
Should i put up with this service or seek a refund or make them pay for me to get the car sorted by someone who is not going to wreck a good gtr.
Sorry for going on but just need advice
Cheers Binty

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Binty I feel for you mate, tell them you'll get the car sorted from someone else and let them foot the bill, or give them one last chance to rectify things.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers dude. Good idea.
I noticed my old engine there yesterday. Im sure it was mine. I noticed it had tomei cams and pulleyz and hks turbos and i know my new engine is pretty much standard. Im trying to ring the guy now as im feeling well and truely done up like a kipper

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
in my experience, engine-out jobs always have a few months of teething problems before everything gets ironed out. Hang in there, she'll get back to where she was before.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys. I will give them a week and if nothing good comes of it i will get a tuner to look at it. If its going to be costly i will get my money back off them then break the car.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
you let them keep the old engine ..?
you could have sold that for a good few quid on it's own ...even if it was damaged
and £4000 for a std engine ...thats well expensive ..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you let them keep the old engine ..?
you could have sold that for a good few quid on it's own ...even if it was damaged
and £4000 for a std engine ...thats well expensive ..
Tell me about it mate. Yeah they kept the old engine.
They just rang me and said there coming out to me next week to fit a new engine loom. Due to it smoking.
If this cant sort it i will be making them pay for it to be sorted by anouther tuner.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
engine

yes id also like to know who done the work for you.and id have definatly had all the goodies off my old engine mate.maybe worth asking them if they have still got it there!:smokin:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
unless he specifically gave it them on an exchange basis it's still legally his and i personally wouldn't be asking if they still had it i would be TELLING THEM i want it back

like there going to dispose of it in anycase it will be rebuilt and sold to some other unsuspecting punter for another £4000...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spoke to him about the engine and he said all it had was tomei cam pulleys.
Im sure the day after they took the engine out i see a engine which had all the same paint falling off the inlet and the lime scale type mark on the water pipe. I did notice a set of hks turbos on it which i think they are playing dumb to. Im not to worried about the turbos as think was on way out anyhow. But they cant get it running properly and i def had a adjustable fuel reg on it which he said does not need to be put back on.
The guy incharge said he will get my new engine running properly. But its the wait and when they do work on it nothing changes at all.

Pmd people with garage name who asked
Cheers

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry to here your trouble mate, but hang in there and give the workshop chance to sort it. Then if your not satisfied go elsewhere.
BTW the engine was mega expensive, i paid £2400 for a complete engine fited with all ancilaries, turbo's, starter, alternator etc and kept my old engine.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
if you had hks turbos lets say they were 2530's or gtss even secondhand they would be worth at least £600 and upwards
and your old knackered engine would have fetched good money also

please pm me the garage name ...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah seems expnsive. It is fully chromed up with chrome inlet chrome twin turbo pipes, head covers, fuel rail. alternator, dump valve pipes etc.
Thats prob what i paid for but still id rather have a old looking engine which ran great than this bling one that is not performing.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
mate i knew it was them ..!! i've seen them advertising on ebay man there expensive it really goes through me ....i saw one engine they had it had a few chrome bits on and was about £8000 ...wtf

theres a guy on here who sells engines infact anything for skylines he's called davew and has the gtr shop he's half there price on things

·
Vendor
12,640 Posts
and then let me supply you an engine LOL!:D

1 - 20 of 96 Posts