GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would appear that the poilce have come up to date.

I have heard from several scources that Brighton police have a nice shiny BMW M3 which they like to look cool in then race people with but the cheats have a bonus..... blue lights and a helicopter to watch where you drive to once you have blown it away !!

Also in the same racing light there is a Scooby unmarked in the Haywards heath area which has been catching out lots of boyz.

beware:smokin:

Steve

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
You have to be careful with the Brighton Helicopter. It's generally used along a large stretch of the south coast. The way they initially know if you are speeding is to time you between two known markers. As you travel along the coast roads you may see marks [painted in the middle of the road. The heli-boys time you between them before radioing for back-up. Rule of thumb - if you see white splodges in the middle of the road, watch your speed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My old '97 Volvo V70T5 was sold to the police recently to be used as an unmarked police car.
The car was tuned to approx. 310 HP, lowered and nice 17" 5 spoke wheels fitted.
The police ordered to replace the wheels with standard 16" types but the tuning remained :)
The topspeed of the Volvo was approx. 280kmh on the tacho and it could easely keep up with a BMW 850 v12 or a Porche 911 carrera.
I think you'll be fooled much faster with a car like that than a BMW M3.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Why is it they get to have all the fun and are allowed to get away with it?:mad: If we try and enjoy ourselves they just get on our case!:(

I've never understood a 2CV on a wet road overtaking lorries at 70mph is still deemed as safe as a GTR doing 70mph on a clear dry road with no other cars around!!!!!!! :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts