GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Most of you are aware of our efforts to develop the official UK Skyline Register. In my attempts to broaden the horizons, I had promising discussions with both the MLR and also SIDC (Mitsubishi Lancer Register / Subaru Impreza Drivers Club).

However, it was also brought to my attention that subsequent to our invite to the last SIDC Bedford track day, many Skyline owners left without paying for their sessions.

Not only is this embarrasing, but it also jeapordises any chances we have of associating ourselves with other clubs in future events.

Would all those people concerned please make a concerted effort to settle any outstanding monies owed to SIDC without any further delay.

SIDC have photographs of cars on the track that didn't pay, so please don't allow it to get to the point where they need to chase you personally.

I enjoyed a fabulous trackday at Donington with SIDC yesterday and one of the reasons the GTRR wasn't invited was because of the missing payments from last time.

Many thanks all.

Cem K

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
How

did persons end up not paying for this then? I thought it all had to be paid in advance and everyone was given a sticker on the day?

Thought it was tightly run at Bedford, dont see how anyone could not pay???

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Payment

SIDC days are open pitlane and have no stickers or wristbands to signify payment, so anyone could drive on circuit if they tried.

BMW day had windscreen stickers for groupps, but was chaos, since they didn't organise the sessions very well.

The best day I've ever done was with RMA, they use wristbands to prove you've paid and have no sessions and relatively few cars, but it's pricey.

Guy

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Cem,

I thought we had wristbands at the November SIDC day at Bedford? Which event does your post refer to?

Either way, it's very embarrassing. Sounds like a name and shame situation if it's true and it doesn't get resolved quickly.

Ian,

Sounds like you had a good time then?

Peter.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I presume it is the SIDC day that was a Saturday during March.
I thought at the time there may have been a few who were guilty of this.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one or the few.

Allow them a few days then name and shame them.

WE must show SIDC MLR BMWCC and others that we appreciate their invites and that means paying for it.

There should be no kids gloves on this one

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
yes

find out whom they are and message them, dont see the need to embarrass anyone straight away, could have genuine reasons/forgot since - benefit of the doubt and all.

I/Rob paid by the way for his evo to wizz round, I didnt run in the HURRICANE just sat and looked pretty:)

Youre right tho, do want anyone bad mouthing us, we do enough of that to each other let alone outsiders having a piece of the action:smokin:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah forgot my camera on that occasion...opportunity missed...Diggler looking pretty:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have no shame at all. After arriving late at 11.00 cos it took so long to find I approached the organiser who directed me to the noise test area. Upon being given the all clear sticker I went back to said organiser who took my name, regplate and address and said go for it.

Finally went on the track at 11:45am and after doing about 4 laps with Ged and 3 more lapslater, I was approached again at 1:45ish by chap asking for payment. I gave him my credit card and he rang the organisers who said that they couldn't accept credit cards at this time! (Paul was with me). He then told me I would have to go and find a cash machine and get pound notes for him.

After about 1.5hrs I finally found a cash machine and then headed on the almost as confusing journey back. By 4:30 I had finally found a sign for the M1 and headed home instead as it was too late to get any more track time, expecting a bill thru the post as they had my details. Not yet.

5-6 laps and nearly all the day spent driving around Bedford cos they wouldn't accept my credit card. Not trying to justify myself, just giving the full picture, can't speak for others though.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to inform everyone, I don't know who the people that never paid are as I didn't want to know.

I will leave it to your discretion to decide if it's neccessary to pay the bill or not.

Regards,

Cem K

1 - 10 of 10 Posts