GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a F-Con V Pro with MAP Sensors in my car that was map by Abbey.

The map was made (accroding the graph) at 1.2 bar raising to 1.3bar at peak 7500rpm.

It seems that the setting on the Apexi AVC-R is not setup ideally, and I know it is a pain in the butt to get it setup.

The questions is if it is dangerous to set up the AVC-R on this current map (1.3bar) to 1.5 BAR as I know it takes several run to have the AVC-R working properly.

It is about .3 bar more in the midrange and .2 bar more on the peak on this same map. I know car with AFM are okay as the ECU will know more air are coming in. However, this may be different for car with MAP sensor and I am just not sure about it.

Anyone can give me some suggestion as if it is okay or not okay to do this. I will have to get it remap later anyways. I just want to get the setting on the AVC-R right so I can get it map on the dyno with the proper boost setting.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Nocturnal said:
I currently have a F-Con V Pro with MAP Sensors in my car that was map by Abbey.

The map was made (accroding the graph) at 1.2 bar raising to 1.3bar at peak 7500rpm.

It seems that the setting on the Apexi AVC-R is not setup ideally, and I know it is a pain in the butt to get it setup.

The questions is if it is dangerous to set up the AVC-R on this current map (1.3bar) to 1.5 BAR as I know it takes several run to have the AVC-R working properly.

It is about .3 bar more in the midrange and .2 bar more on the peak on this same map. I know car with AFM are okay as the ECU will know more air are coming in. However, this may be different for car with MAP sensor and I am just not sure about it.

Anyone can give me some suggestion as if it is okay or not okay to do this. I will have to get it remap later anyways. I just want to get the setting on the AVC-R right so I can get it map on the dyno with the proper boost setting.
Why don't you give Abbey a call????
I know i do when i need to ask something.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I normally do, Scott is beyond helpful. :bowdown1:

Its just that right now my car is actually "work in progress", and it won't be driven probably until November. Therefore I don't know if it is rude to call them up when I am not ready to do anything, kind of feel like I am wasting their time so to speak.

If this is closer to the time where I actually will get the car out and get work done on it, then I would of call for sure.

I guess it is better to give them a call later as the difference can be a hole in the piston or worst.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Nocturnal said:
I normally do, Scott is beyond helpful. :bowdown1:

Its just that right now my car is actually "work in progress", and it won't be driven probably until November. Therefore I don't know if it is rude to call them up when I am not ready to do anything, kind of feel like I am wasting their time so to speak.

If this is closer to the time where I actually will get the car out and get work done on it, then I would of call for sure.

I guess it is better to give them a call later as the difference can be a hole in the piston or worst.
Deffo mate.
They are only happy to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts