GTR Forum banner

221 - 240 of 251 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #221 (Edited)
Lovely build thread mate . Really enjoyed going through it . A shame I cant see there earlier pics . Can you tell me does your engine hunt or lumpy ( breath heavier ) at all on tick over or is it nice and smooth idling ? Just i"ve often wondered if with todays mapping and technology if this is a thing of the past now ? Cheers :thumbsup:
ps . ignore about the pictures as they must just needed time to upload , so now been back through your thread drooling over your pictures, lovely job..
Sorry buddy for the late reply.

Tickover at idle is very smooth. Not quite like a standard car but pretty darn close.

Anyways, added some subtle bonnet catches ready for the runway event later in the summer, and Tim at Race Developments has kindly opened up an OEM manifold, done his porting magic on it, port matched it to some AT Power larger TBs (72mm iirc). Once I have these back in hand it'll be a dyno day at Litchfields to see how much extra grunt the above plus the race intercooler has given me.

nipples...

Tim's handiwork..

Reactions: dinny and herman

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts

No worries at all . That's good to know as I know they"ve got to breath heavier but if its close to standared that's good. When I had my 32 shuffle was a big topic being twin turbo , a lot changed to a big single one. I'm guessing there"s no problems with that now then? love the bonnet pins , Just gives you that piece of mind its not going to go flying over your head a . It will be intresting to see how much more grunt the porting and other bits make also. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Update.

A couple of weeks ago I popped down to Litchfield***8217;s to install the ported manifold and AT Power bigger throttle bodies.

After install Dan had the car on the Dyno to recalibrate for the new TBs and tweak the tune to take the better IC into account.

Sod***8217;s Law came into full effect as is often the case(!) and the car was lazy making boost; much slower than the last Dyno session. This was nothing to do with the mods but something up with the boost control hardware.

Because of this we didn***8217;t get a Dyno pull so no new graph to show yet.

When I got home Paul at Riverside Racing did his usual magic and traced the issue whilst also adjusting the WG actuators to 1.2 Bar.

Road logging with Dan at Litcho showed perfect boost control now and the car was mapped to 1.7 Bar.

Now we are at the limit of the stock MAP sensor and WGDC was only 75%.

It looks like we may have a little more to come from turbos so I***8217;ll be installing a 4 Bar MAP sensor when I return from holidays.

Certainly 1.8 Bar maybe 1.9 might be possible.

What is noticeable from the actuator, manifold and TB change is how much more urgent the car is.

I***8217;d expect to see a much improved torque and power plot when we finally get a Dyno run.

Well happy!!

Also did some cosmetic mods which included:

Refurb alloys
Brake calipers painted Porsche Acid Green
Fitted Varis Magnum Opus rear spoiler.

Yummy!!

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #224 (Edited)
So 4 bar MAP sensor was installed by yours truly on Thursday and Dan updated my map a couple of times with the final map having a 2 bar boost setting.

Today I got the chance to stretch my car on the runway day thanks to the GTRDC.

The car performed better than I could have expected nailing a 8.19 seconds 30-130 time, only beaten by Alex***8217;s 1000+ beast.

For comparison a Bugatti Veyron does 30-130 in 7.5 seconds....

Absolutely ecstatic to be brutally honest.

This build has been a genuine journey for me, picking parts and combining them to eek extra bits of power and torque here and there.

It***8217;s a beaut to drive and pulls like a bloody train.

Next job is Litchfield Dino to get a final figure but we must now be over 900bhp.

·
Premium Member
2,011 Posts
Excellent buddy, good catching up yesterday. You're certainly running more torque than me! till the next event :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Hey you too Tin, been too long my friend.

Given your car has always been an object of desire to me, my car blew me away yesterday at how much grunt it has.

Never thought I***8217;d be at this level tbh so to be inching ahead of yours is mind blowing tbh.

Reactions: Tin

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
This weekend I had my car fully detailed and ceramic nano stuff sealed using Gyeon products. I also had the wheels redone as what I had done in the summer didn't really inspire me.

Paintwork that's slippier than an Otter's nipple. :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Been DBA front for a few years Tin, keep up!! :chuckle:

Canards are JCR dry carbon ones.

Reactions: Tin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Loving the look of this car. Looks relatively oem but subtly improved upon.

I have the same Varis bonnet as you; whats the purpose of the bonnet pins?

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Thanks mate. It's Varis Magnum Opus.

Varis 2017/18

I really dont like anything too big or ricey. Took me quite a few years to find one I liked.

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
what was the fitment like with the Varis bits? been looking at those myself...

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Hi buddy, yes my car is up for sale.

I bought an RS4 in October 2019 and frankly never drove it.

Tuned that to 600 horses and it’s comfy and practical.

I now also have an RSQ8 arriving next month too.

I do miss my GTR and had the best 12 years with it but time to let someone else enjoy my expensive hobby project 😂

Reactions: DocT
221 - 240 of 251 Posts