GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my first R32 GTR which im fairly happy with. Ive been told it has uprated diff however im new to these. Are they meant to be super clunky when cornering low speeds and it feels bearly impossible to turn when reversing as it sounds and feels like back end is about to explode? Over 30 mph car seems fine its modified on garrett twins estimated 450 bhp. Any help is grately appreciated.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yes. Some of the clutch type can be pretty damn stiff causing all sorts of noises when turning slowly. Nothing to be worried about.

If concerned maybe drain and strain fluid to ensure no metal bits. Then make sure you replace with a diff appropriate fluid.

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
Do you know what brand?

Get some decent 75w-140 in it. Motul Gear Competition , Castrol Syntrax LS, Millers CRX LS, Ravenol USVO Racing, Fuchs Titan Sintopoid LS etc.

Can use extra LSD additive if it’s still too noisy. Or an even thicker oil, OS Giken LSD oil is 80w-250.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know what brand?

Get some decent 75w-140 in it. Motul Gear Competition , Castrol Syntrax LS, Millers CRX LS, Ravenol USVO Racing, Fuchs Titan Sintopoid LS etc.

Can use extra LSD additive if it’s still too noisy. Or an even thicker oil, OS Giken LSD oil is 80w-250.
Its an OS GIKEN

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
ATS Carbon are quiet.
Although I had to rebuild mine as it was the early version with non hardened steel plates.

As for the OS Giken diff.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts