GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my stock injectors recently failed and the others are also pretty old.. The fuel pump is also an old stock unit.

I'm wondering if there's any real detriment to running bigger injectors like 555cc Nismos w/Nismo pump on a lower duty cycle. If there's no major downfall, I'll probably just replace my fueling system with that for now until I have the cash for bigger turbos this fall.

I have stock turbos @ 1bar with a Nistune chipped ECU.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Would be easier to just get a stock replacement if you can find one. If you were to upgrade it'll be better for the future but you can't just stick them in. You'd have to get them mapped etc which would just be more money unnecessarily spent. You can put the fuel pump in though and that won't need to be mapped

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
yes, do take the opportunity to upgrade to whatever your goals are.

fuel pump is drop in but the injectors' date will need to be written into the nistune so it doesn't overfuel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. Adding a new stock one would be easiest probably, but I don't even know where to find those lol.

I think I'm just gonna drop the Nismos in there and adjust the fueling accordingly for now. I should be able to figure out the maps on my own. I can't see why it would be very complicated, I mean nothing else is changing except for the fuel volume, which is increasing proportionally, right?

My main concern was if the injectors don't perform as intended when run at the lower duty cycle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh wow. Actually, I'm amazed at how cheap some of these are secondhand. I might read up on that more.

Looks like the impedance is different and I'd have to buy another fuel rail, but it still might come out to be fairly cheap overall. Not to mention they have the benefits of a more modern design, improved spray pattern etc.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You won't have to buy a new fuel rail to use the R35 injectors.

NZEFI do a full kit that adapts the R35 injectors to the stock rail. Kit includes a resistor delete for the difference in impendence.

They're a 12 hole injector so have a much better spray pattern. I think the aussies have seen better response and improved fuel economy too.

I picked up a set of MY17 injectors for £70 and compared to the £600 single hole Nismo injectors its a no brainer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts