GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have picked up a funny noise on my back turbo when it starts to boost when cold, when it warms up it goes, its not blowing. It has 407 BHP stage 1 mods. I would like to get it to 450 would be nice, As far as i can see the turbos are standard with 62000 miles on them.
Does anyone have any good turbos for sale, Maybe off a crashed car?

Thanks Brett

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I've got steel internal turbos. One of them is for sure in good shape. They uh, have pushed 2 bars in their life for a total of maybe three seconds. But otherwise. aw fuggit, you don't want these even if I paid ya.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers chaps for your PMs, The more i have read the more i cant decide what turbos to buy!!? The fact that the GT-SS keep popping up in threads is making the other turbos feel out in the cold,
i dont want too much lag, but do want good pulling at 80-90ish. a nice 450HP will be nice for now but dont want to put the wrong choice of turbo on now.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Turbo`s

If you buy my yet to be fitted by me( but low miles 2nd hand units ) R34 N1 turbos for £750 then i will buy SkyKit`s 2530`s...:)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the Flywheel, At the moment its got standard Turbos, (i Think) Abbey thinks so, Power FC HKS exhaust from turbos, Big HKS intercooler, & a few other bits & bobs, I took it to Abbey a year ago, Had 407 HP at the flywheel. I want it quicker of course, but dont wont to go to mad, I have other things to commit to.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have picked up a funny noise on my back turbo when it starts to boost when cold, when it warms up it goes, its not blowing. It has 407 BHP stage 1 mods. I would like to get it to 450 would be nice, As far as i can see the turbos are standard with 62000 miles on them.
Does anyone have any good turbos for sale, Maybe off a crashed car?

Thanks Brett

mate i dont want to tell you about your car, but are you sure its not blowing.. reason i ask is i had the EXACT same thing. rear turbo made a "clicky" noise on boost but never off boost. a skyline God told me it sounded turbo and to take the down pipe off and stick a mirror up there..

i never got around to it and the noise got worse and worse. but the car boosts and drives fine. Why? well its the manifold to turbo gasket thats blown to pieces.

its a common problem apparently. im guessing that you shouldnt just assume its a damaged turbo but investigate before you buy new ones.

either way tho, to fix the gasket is a turbo off job. so for me with my stock ceramics ill be putting some better ones on while im there lol.

hope that helps.

Greg

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks For that, i did read a thread about that, not sure if it was you. I have looked & listened so many times, It does not seem to be blowing, It seems to be coming from the housing, but the thing is, next year i have some big driving to do, to LeMans & the Ring, along with some mates with the New M5, 4 Evo 7s , 2 TVR tuscans & a AC Cobra, So i was thinking,mmm mmm I need to be fast, & not blow my standard turbos. So if your right & i take them off & its the gasket i wont be gutted buying 2 HKS turbos. If you know what i mean!!:chuckle: Thanks anyway, i like hearing others having fun with Skylines,,

Cheers Brett

·
Administrator
31,748 Posts
Thanks For that, i did read a thread about that, not sure if it was you. I have looked & listened so many times, It does not seem to be blowing, It seems to be coming from the housing, but the thing is, next year i have some big driving to do, to LeMans & the Ring, along with some mates with the New M5, 4 Evo 7s , 2 TVR tuscans & a AC Cobra, So i was thinking,mmm mmm I need to be fast, & not blow my standard turbos. So if your right & i take them off & its the gasket i wont be gutted buying 2 HKS turbos. If you know what i mean!!:chuckle: Thanks anyway, i like hearing others having fun with Skylines,,

Cheers Brett

your gonna take the turbo's off to find the problem, and you don't wanna be re-fitting the ceramics, so go buy them HKS babies!!

mook

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
thats fair mate.

see the way im doing it is buying some 34 turbos for £350, sling them on there and get mine rebuilt. then swap over next year again.

but either way as i say, its a turbo off job if its the gasket so may aswell just change if there stock ceramics.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back in the market for Turbos again! ASAP!!!

I am in need of turbos again, I have been trying to contact Skykit but no luck, I think his turbos are sold already, Gutted.
Does anyone have or know of some turbos for sale??
Cash waiting for instant payment.

Thanks Brett

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mmmm, I bit too big for what i want the car to be like, You didnt have that for long?

Thanks Brett

·
Registered
412 Posts
i just bought some 2530's off ebay a couple of days ago, maybe them were skykits turbos ?, if your still stuck in a few weeks il have a set of standard turbos with steel internals for sale. (ive got someone interested in them but if he dont want them they're for sale)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts