GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help chaps,

I'm trying to fit extended wheel studs to the rear of my R33 GTR, I've managed to remove one of the old studs that are 42mm long but there isn't enough room behine the hub flange to fit the new 60mm long nismo studs. The only way I can see me getting these longer studs in is to remove the hub flange (the flange that the wheel studs go into).

Has anyone ever had this trouble and is there an easier way?

If I do have to remove the hub flange is it just the case of undoing the big nut that holds the driveshart in the hub (the hub nut)? If I do undo this nut will the falnge just pull off so I can then add the longer studs? Does anyone know what size socket is required to remove this nut? My 34mm is still too small!! :nervous:

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated as the rear caliper/disk is off and I'm supposed to be going to Silverstone on Friday.. Time is running out..

Thanks in advance

Gary

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
You will need to remove the driveshafts (including the big nut your talking about), and will still have to hit the hub from the inside with a drift to get it out of the bearing. Or if you have a press handy that is the best method.

It is often easier to remove the entire hub carrier/ wishbones from the chassis, leaving the driveshaft in place.

You may not need to knock it all the way out, just loose enough to get the studs through will suffice.

Only carry this out if you know how much to seat the bearings again. And have a tub of grease on hand to re-pack.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fack that!!!!!!! Bollox, I thought it would be a simple job just like the fronts (1 hour to do both sides). Why is nothing ever as simple as you thought!!!!!

Right... Set of Nismo Rear studs for sale....

Does anyone have a spare wheel stud for sale as I slightly compressed the one I removed and the thread is knackered. If not does any one know where I can get a standard rear wheel stud from for an R33 GTR??? Part Number??

Sometimes I wonder why I bother... All this just to space the rear wheels 10mm with my custon made spacers.... I give up... Arghhhh...!!!! :(:puke::puke::(:GrowUp:

Thanks for your reply..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts