GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm in need of urgent help if anyone is down near holyhead, I'm broken down on the a55 towards Bangor trying to get to mgt in Birmingham, if anyone is near holyhead with a recovery truck I'll pay to get a recovery to Birmingham. Or if anyone know someone who'd do it let me know ASAP because my battery is dying fast
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've a motor trade policy, so no recovery breakdown insurance, got sorted eventually had to spend the night in the car soaked to the skin, £540 for a recovery truck, sick

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
happened to me before. i wasnt cover recovery option. got stung of £350 from oxford (if i can recall) to bournemouth. good luck bud. i hope you are ok and you wont get a massive bill for your car

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate, car is safely at mgt now, missed my flight home but the recovery guy is giving me a lift back to holyhead to grab the ferry home, next time I drive it it'll be a fire breathing monster :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
no worries bud. mine is going to MGT for a remap on first week of june. might see your car if its still there. good luck with the works. let us know the results of the works done =)

·
Registered
235 Posts
That was very unlucky Stephen.

How did you got on on the ferry? Have you a front splitter on your r34, I'd be worried about gettin on board without making bits of it

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I literally had just collected the car from the bodyshop at 6pm that evening and drove straight to the ferry, the bodyshop hadn't refit the nismo side skirts or the front splitter yet so I had no issue with scraping etc, the guy who towed me that night bent my track rod into shit though so I'm claiming back some of what I paid for the tow, I was a little worries driving up those steep ramp so to the ferry though, I felt as though the clutch could slip it's hard to get a feel for it after not driving it for so long.
On the bright side the guy who towed me this morning was an absolute legend, even gave me a lift back to holyhead to grab a ferry after I'd missed my flight home from Birmingham, and to make it worse the car started first turn of the key when I got to mgt, I had a feeling i would've got it started with a boost but my powerpack was dead and neither of the recovery trucks had a booster

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it's an impressive lump, did you see the size of the oil cooler, it's mahoosive, I'm raging I never took any pics while I was there but I was wrecked tired and trying to get back to ireland so didn't have much time, what did you think of the paint job?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've a motor trade policy, so no recovery breakdown insurance, got sorted eventually had to spend the night in the car soaked to the skin, £540 for a recovery truck, sick
That's not good mate however I too have a motor trade policy but I have full breakdown and recovery through my bank,is that something you can get as it's very good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts