GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car GTR 33.

Here what has happened:

Stopped off at petrol stn ,Had my son in the car so insted of pressing the alarm button on the key ring (the additional Thatcham 1 alarm everyone has to get) I just locked number one son in by using the key. Simple I though whilst I went to get a news paper and pay.

I returned unlocked the car and the stock alarm system went off (hooters, beep, beep,beep etc..) . I tried to do the key thing again but it justs keeps beeping , it has a 10 second break and then starts again. The car drives fine and the Thatchan alarm/immobilzer is not effected and works still.

I have disconnected the two horns by basically unplugging them. and still there is a clicking being heard (in place of the horn) so I removed the horn fuse from the main engine fuse box. Still the security LED flashed on the dash so i pressume the alarm is stillgoing off!

Any ideas what to do as this will most certainly be supping my battery whilst she is locked in my garage. (1 hour so far). All books I have on the car are yep..in Japanese.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ian
i'm no expert, but is there a bit (like a little hole) on the alarm fob that will fit a hole on the alarm under the bonnet, so u can turn it off manually? the selca alarm i have has this function.
how about disconnecting the battery for now and call the AA?

sorry i couldnt be more help:(

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorted!

Thanks Spudgun for your ideas and thanks Guy who I PM'd a SOS call to.

I looked thru the Hand book (although in Japanese) and saw pictures of the original key fob that would have come with the car to go with the factory alarm. I searched and found the said item lurking in the bottom of my glove box.

A few presses and the security light on the dash stopped flashing, I reconnected the Horn fuse and plugged the horns back in and bingo all sorted and quiet!

Thanks again..Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts