GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blew the gearbox!!!

Im running 600bhp standard box, third is now non existent and box rattling like hell.

Question: recon the box? options?

Ive searched the forum but cant find a guide price on osg gearset......anyone know the price roughly?

All help appreciated, need to move quick on this.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers fellas.

Thinking of even getting a used item, trouble is whats to say if I fit it - it doesnt do the same thing straight away?
Has anyone fitted a used gearbox without too much trouble?

Also if anyone fitted has fitted the 1-3 osg, was it a lot of labour to remove current internals fit new parts and put back?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see alot of people that drag their cars with approx 700bhp are using getrags (R34 gearbox).

Anyone know the approx price and where I can get one?

So annoying as I'm always toying with the idea of selling up which then makes it harder as if I thought 100% I was going to keep it for years on end I'd definately go all out. Lifes dilemas eh!!

Help appreciated

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Mel, Getrag is not straight fit, driveshafts are different.

Full OSG with improved centre plate helps, but a sequential is even better. Depends how deep you want to dig into your pocket!

If you can stand the whine I know where my old trust 6 speed dog box is at a transmission repair shop near Croydon. That would be less than an OSG cluster and its sitting inside a 33 housing already......

DaveG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts