GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Urgent help needed folks!

We have replaced the intake gaskets on my R32 GT-R today but unfortunately after putting everything back together my mechanic has told me the car is now idling very high (1500rpm) but steady.

He has tried resetting the idle control valve screw but it is not helping. Is there a procedure to carry out to reset the idle or has someone gone wrong! He has checked all hoses etc and all seems in order.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS, I'm running a PFC and don't believe any of the sensors are faulty.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Did you clean the throttle plates? They have a sealing agent applied to them at the factory. If you have cleaned this off, the leakage through the shut-butterfly may (will!) give you a high idle speed.

If its something else, the procedure would be:

Get car hot.
Disconnect AAC electrical connector.
Turn idle speed screw to get 950ish rpm
Reconnect AAC.
Upload PFC map.
Re-initalize PFC
Download PFC map and start engine, allow to idle for 10mins, put AC on 10mins.
Done!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
You didn't put the longer dowels in the wrong place by chance?

TB linkages are all slack enough? None pulling butterfly open slightly?

Remove IACV tube from plenum, and block it. If engine still runs, you have a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
448 Posts
ExScoobyT said:
Did you clean the throttle plates? They have a sealing agent applied to them at the factory. If you have cleaned this off, the leakage through the shut-butterfly may (will!) give you a high idle speed.

If its something else, the procedure would be:

Get car hot.
Disconnect AAC electrical connector.
Turn idle speed screw to get 950ish rpm
Reconnect AAC.
Upload PFC map.
Re-initalize PFC
Download PFC map and start engine, allow to idle for 10mins, put AC on 10mins.
Done!
Sorry to hijack the thread, but BOLL0CKS!!!!!, this is exactly what I have done, 1800-2000rpm idle now, all because I cleaned off what I thought was carbon deposits......................:bawling:

I suppose another set of throttle bodies is the only cure?

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
412 Posts
mine did the same after i cleaned all the carbon off, it was 1200 rpm then after it went to 1400 rpm (even with the idle screw right in) i took it to a guy who fixes big power cars and he fixed it in about 2 minutes, it now idles at 900 rpm, i will ask him how he did it and let u know

·
Registered
448 Posts
mine did the same after i cleaned all the carbon off, it was 1200 rpm then after it went to 1400 rpm (even with the idle screw right in) i took it to a guy who fixes big power cars and he fixed it in about 2 minutes, it now idles at 900 rpm, i will ask him how he did it and let u know
Have you found out yet?

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I have the same problem, Took the intake off to reseal the coolant bypass tube. While apart I cleaned the butterflys thinking it would be a good idea to remove the carbon deposits. Now when I start my car it idles at 1200 when cold and as it warms up it reaches 1600 RPM. The screw in the IAC is screwed right in, and still no differance. What was the fix for this problem?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Hey I have the same problem, Took the intake off to reseal the coolant bypass tube. While apart I cleaned the butterflys thinking it would be a good idea to remove the carbon deposits. Now when I start my car it idles at 1200 when cold and as it warms up it reaches 1600 RPM. The screw in the IAC is screwed right in, and still no differance. What was the fix for this problem?
Smear Vaseline on throttle plate, apply thin bead of black high heat silicone sealer on throttle body (along butterfly/TB join) opposite the way the butterfly moves when opening (plenum side on bottom/ engine side on top, IIRC). Wipe off excess sealant with ear bud, and allow Silicon to dry. Once dry open throttle and clean off vaseline.

Job done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts